Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your Opinions and Pictures of Your Street Bob Please!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 05:53 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would change the badges and stick with gloss. Maybe add some pin striping. I'm not feeling the crash bar though.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:12 PM
hddan502
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tank lift yes, bar's look to tall, may even it out a little.
Stay with the vivid black, you don't notice swirl-marks when riding.
Tank emblem, I kind of like the look of none, may have to do that myself.
Ditch them reflector's for sure.
Side mount that license plate.
Pitch the crash bars.
New 120R crate motor and some gas!

Old 11-17-2010, 08:34 PM
djyoung214
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOW! Thanks EVERYONE!

I knew I was gonna get SOME feedback/advicebut WOW. Thanks everyone!

Now I know what I'm gonna do.
I was thinking of a new paint job because there are a bunch of swirls on the clear coat and several knicks on the tank not to mention a nasty scratch on the rear fender-I don't know what the deal was with the previous owner -there are some weird scratches and knicks here and there that aren't really noticable unless you're **** like me.

ALRIGHT.

Thanks to you guys I keep noticing the reflectors now lol
First to go.

Engine guard is taking a hike.

Gonna check out the smoked signal lenses.

Something about the badges don't like. I've been seeing a lot of rides here without em and they look cleaner and more custom.

I think I'll go without the tank lift for now and do with taking the badge of and and lifting the tank when I get my bike in to paint the tank and rear fender

I'm stayng with the regular paint for now, gonna scuff it up a bit more and get it repainted next year, same color, just to clean it up.

Thank you guys for your 2 cents. It really helps alot.
And I can pay for most of the other things with the money I make from selling the crash bars :P

by they way, any advice on removing the reflectors and emblems? Just rip em off and use that sticker gunk removal spray?

Old 11-17-2010, 09:07 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by djyoung214
* * * by they way, any advice on removing the reflectors and emblems? Just rip em off and use that sticker gunk removal spray?
Heat them up first ... even a hair dryer on high heat will help a lot ....

Then, just get a fingernail under a corner and start to pry ....

Old 11-17-2010, 09:13 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by djyoung214
by they way, any advice on removing the reflectors and emblems? Just rip em off and use that sticker gunk removal spray?
I used fishing line and pulled it between the reflector and the fender/fork leg.I used lacquer thinner made by rust-oleum to remove all the glue and foam. You just need to make sure you have some really good rags to avoid scratching the paint. I used a lint free cloth always foldingit to I wasn't using a part that had glue on it. Quick and easy!!!

Old 11-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Punchsmack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer denim to gloss....but black is black (plus its the fastest color too).

I'm going to have Joe paint my tins the second I find out about my bonus in a few weeks. I'm still torn on the route I'll go. I may only paint the tank (silver flake) but with my fenders denim black, it might look awful to have glossy flake on the tank and then denim fenders. Probably stupid. Or go gloss black to support the glossy tank.....or just silver flake the whole thing. Meh.....I'll think more.

I like the witch wart tail light, but I'm painting my black as soon as I decide on the tins.

Get your forks painted glossy black (yourself or professionally done).

I don't like the engine guard, but it might be the style too.....I like the Lindby styles. And maybe it'll look better if it's painted black too. I have one sitting in my hallway I'm going install to see if I like the look. I want one for another foot position while going on longer rides. I'd take it off near home. And it I don't like it after all that....I'll sell it on here for the same price I bought it for (cheap). Meh.

The emblems HAVE to go! Take a hair dryer to them, using some dental floss, and then carefully pick the other crap off with your fingers. It's a semi-slow process but worth it. Same with the reflectors (though the ones on the forks are even tougher to take off). I didn't use Goo Gone with either....Windex and elbow greese.

Smoked turn signals helped my look too. Cheap and easy.

Tank lift....depends. I might do it later. Undecided.

My next big project might be Kury mirrors with integrated turn signals. It will give the bike a very clean look (though I don't know if Illinois has laws against it).

After saying all that, your bike still rocks.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you have a plan and made up your mind...here is a really crappy pic of mine with some of the things your considering:

Denim paint, really like it actually and I have had great luck with it. Some have not.

Tank lift, 2".

No emblems.

Lost the tail light, did a side mount plate.

I had it lowered in the rear, did not like the way it handled nor did I like the loss of clearance, I guess I ride too hard.

I plan on some better suspension and more power, just suits my riding style better.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:07 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Man that T-header just 'POPS' ...! Bike is lookin' great ... just need to update your sig, now ....

Old 11-17-2010, 10:11 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you! Love it too....

Plan to hopefully get the sig updated....it's pouring rain here and the temp is dropping, possibly snow tonight.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:22 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I was going to put up a picture of my friend Bob, standing out in the street.

Quick Reply: Your Opinions and Pictures of Your Street Bob Please!