Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter Storage

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006 | 02:03 AM
StreetSalvation
|
Cruiser
Default RE: Winter Storage

Back home, MN, seemed like my dad has had minimal time this year. Me, FL, I have rhode all summer and like it was stated, I can't wait until it cools off just a bit. Fall-Spring, if you can handle a little FL "cold" is a great time for those longer rides. The end of the rainy season hopefully is soon coming. My dad has rhode less all year then me in one week. Work has been killing him lately. I would take his place for a day just so he could go ridding...wait i would pay for someone to take his place so WE could go ridding.LOL Hope the year is going great for all ya.
Heads up ride safe

Street

Old 09-23-2006 | 04:49 AM
DougsDyna
Banned

I will be riding in Northern VA all winter. Never been exactly sure how to winterize, and dewinterize so I don't stop riding.
Hard to keep the hands warm below 15 degrees or so.
Lots of us ride a lot in the winter up here. Won't ride my Harley in the snow, though (its kinda hard to pick it up).
I don't think the road salt is any worse than road tar and bugs. Love to ride this time of year. The layers and leathers go on the old bod, now.
I Like wearing the leathers. Putting the half helmet away, and will be putting on the 3/4 until it gets real cold, then it will be time for the full face (yuck).
Just wish I cold keep my hands warmer in the winter.

Anybody got a suggestion for warm gloves??

DD

Old 09-23-2006 | 04:57 AM
millzog
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Maybe think about some heated grips or plug in electric gloves they would keep your hands toasty. My .02

Old 09-23-2006 | 06:11 AM
WdGldDave
Road Captain

I've purchased enought rain/winter riding gear that I've put myself in a situation where I can't afford not to ride! Central Illinois has had a couple of mild winters lately. As much as I'd like to have another one, I'll bet we are due for a bad one.

Old 09-23-2006 | 11:49 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: millzog

ORIGINAL: AZ Rider

What's winter storage?
I feel bad for those folks in the midwest and eastern states. They have to put there baby away for the winter. Cool weather is starting here in Phoenix awesome time to ride !
What he said.

Old 09-23-2006 | 12:14 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior

DD

<”Just wish I cold keep my hands warmer in the winter.
Anybody got a suggestion for warm gloves?? “>

The best gloves I found, warm, don’t even think to wear these gloves over 50 degs, rode in the high teens no problems, whats is nice is how there made thick on the top, thin on the palm side fit’s great on the bars, yeah they cost but what doesn’t.

From the web site:

Top quality Japanese-built glove...
Cat.#: 447 Price $127.00

http://www.aerostich.com/home.php?cat=301

Pay attention on the size they run small, I got the largest size 10 ? just use their sizing chart, it’s a good company they back-up what they sell.

cj

Old 09-25-2006 | 01:24 PM
WildBill76
Tourer

Fall rides can be fun, and the temps are great.

Old 09-25-2006 | 06:01 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Prolly won't store mine til the roads are bad like late Nov , early Dec. Then it gets cleaned serviced and into the spare bedroom [8D]

Old 09-25-2006 | 07:11 PM
B0b3
6th Gear

I tell ya, I put stabil in my dyna tank when the first frost hits. I use stabil and seafoam in weed eaters boat motors lawn mowers and carb problems are a thing of the past now. At least for me. Put the stuff in the tank and be sure to run it for a while to be sure mixture gets into the carb. Seafoam is really good stuff!! All my junk must be ready to run on a moments notice. Non running junk is worthless!! I also run shell vpower premium gazz in my dyna and it seems to be the best stuff I have found so far.

Old 09-26-2006 | 06:03 AM
Rhode Warrior
Tourer

Man, some hardcore riders here. Under 40 and I don't ride, damn it feels like 10 below when you're moving.

Quick Reply: Winter Storage