Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sissy bars for sissys?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 04:03 PM
DirtNap
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like mine and it serves its propose ,,,I dont know about cool,,but it sure does feel good to strap down a tent and some gear to the sissy bar for a trip,,,,

Old 11-15-2010, 04:44 PM
daurwid
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At the moment I have a tall sissy bar and pad for my wife to ride with. She needs something back there for comfort purposes. When she is not riding I use it to tie down my work bags to since I don't have saddlecans yet.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:48 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You realize your question sounds a little sissy-ish right? The sissybar is for your GF not to fall off , or otherwise tie some luggage down to.,,, unless they really are for sissies, what do you think?

Old 11-15-2010, 04:53 PM
bobnehoc
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I have one out of necessity.... My wife likes it and my little girl loves to ride, but I would not ride her without one. I have the quick detach sissy bar so I only use it when I need to as the bike looks much cleaner imo without it. It is also nice to be able to strap a bag to it when needed.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:53 PM
O.F.
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtNap
I like mine and it serves its propose ,,,I dont know about cool,,but it sure does feel good to strap down a tent and some gear to the sissy bar for a trip,,,,
I was going to take mine off but it's great for bungee-ing stuff to it.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:13 PM
spaceblue
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From to point of styling I believe in form follows function. Then again I'm too old to worry about cool. I'll leave that to the single guys with the solo seats. Make mine a sissy bar with a happy old lady.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:26 PM
HarleyBobber
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going for a taller sissy bar to be cooler!!! One thing I have never been called, is Sissy. LoL. I am going to make one prob as tall as the handlebars. Bring it on Sissys!!!!!

Old 11-15-2010, 08:34 PM
5speedblu
Road Captain

not just 4 sissies any more, wait only sissies worry bout that!! just kidding, did not have one for 20+ years now I do the passenger likes them and just incase i have to quickly turn the throttle they stay on the back, nice to lean back on the passenger as well, depending on the bar can look cool.... oh yeah they r called back rests now sorry.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:33 PM
roadkingsaddlebrooke
Cruiser
Default Sissy bar

I've added a detachable Sissy Bar to my FXDF. My brother and son told me to loose the thing, plus also get rid of the tassles. OK, gave the tassles to my brother(He had my Heritage, so it goes with it), but kept the Sissy Bar. Need it occasionally to strap stuff on it. Does it really look that bad?

Attached Thumbnails sissy bars for sissys?-fat-bob-10.09.10-004.jpg  
Old 11-15-2010, 09:44 PM
rocknrick
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Chit man, I've seen some awfully cool bikes with tall sissy bars built by... well, I wouldnt call any of 'em sissys.

Quick Reply: sissy bars for sissys?