Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

** best free mod 4 brighter headlight **

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 12:57 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

i upgraded to ultra-whites (piaa i think?) and the difference is amazing.

my low beam went out about 1000 miles ago so i needed to switch and decided to upgrade, but now i wish it was one of the first things i did.

Old 11-15-2010, 01:16 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rdown1976
it doesn't blind cars...that's just dumb
and even if it did - wouldn't their natural instinct be to swerve AWAY from the oncoming blinding light....... not into it?

Old 11-15-2010, 01:18 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

+1 the silverstars dont last long...

Old 11-15-2010, 01:41 PM
ggadwa
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Best Free Mod 4 Brighter Headlight

I went with the Sylvania Ultra Silverstar approximately 5,000 miles ago and it has not burned out yet.....I run it on high beam all the time in Day Light.....try to avoid night riding as much as possible so darn many Deer and Elk around here. I may just have to try this Diffuser mod.

Currently looking into the Kuryakyn frame down tube driving lights....anybody with experience with them?????

GARY

Old 11-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Mr. Moto
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Silverstars burned out fast on my bike. Fog lights on the highway bar would be nice.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:05 PM
ak47dennis
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a great mod, can’t wait to try it! The high beam on my 10 WG is so diffused.... I find myself continually flipping back and forth between my highs & lows to try see at night.

I have had Silverstars in some of my cars, like everyone else noted there longevity is poor at best.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:27 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CRF
and even if it did - wouldn't their natural instinct be to swerve AWAY from the oncoming blinding light....... not into it?
don't you know cagers are like moths?

"ooohhhh bright light....."

::crash::

Old 11-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been working Midnite shift for the past 10 years, so it's important that I can see at night.

I did this in 2006 and it was better...add a hi-intensity light and it really makes a big difference.

I have not had any problems in the past 4 years and I don't think it is too blinding to oncoming traffic. I do get flicked the hi-beams once in a while, but then I just show them that they are my lows.

On my Suzuki, I just used some driving lights added to the turn signal mounts. Since the lowly Suzuki had tap-ins right in the headlight, it was quick and easy...and worked really well to light up the night.

I was spoiled after having all that light and was really disappointed in the Harley light, which is why I cut the diffuser off ASAP!

Old 11-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Just Enough
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Time to point the modded bike light (on low beam) at the garage door or wall from about twenty feet away at night and take a picture of the light pattern. You should see a definite cut off of the light pattern at the level point, if not the diffuser had a function of controlling the beam pattern not just attenuating the light output.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:05 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

70 watt osram bulbs smoke silver stars and last longer. just enough has a good idea , lets see the pattern , a lot of us are interested in this mod

Quick Reply: ** best free mod 4 brighter headlight **