Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Duo Glide Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
There are several of us on here who've done the same thing with the FLST (Heritage, Fat Boy, Deluxe) take-off front end on a Dyna ... both Pre-'06 and Post-'05 Dyna frames ....

Does not compromise the strength or integrity of the front end, whatsoever ....

Just putting up a quick post ... don't have time to find any of the 'how-to' threads right now ... if someone else doesn't post a link, I'll post one up this afternoon or this evening ....
Thanks 'Chop. Yours looks great. Been looking into it for a few years off and on and no one I've come across recomendedd it or will touch it. Not talking to the right people apparently. Mines an '09 Fatbob, don't know if that presents any special challenges or not. Thanks for sharing your tips.

Thingfish

Old 11-14-2010, 02:34 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Here's a thread I started when I began my front end replacement ... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...afternoon.html ... for anyone contemplating it, the link in post #14 was my bible and remains an excellent reference ....

For '06-later Dynas ... ackman1968 was the first I was aware of to make the conversion (on the forum) ... closely followed by U-234 on an '07 Street Bob .... They may have some 'gouge' on any special considerations (my recollection is there is about an 1/8" difference in stem height which requires a spacer/washer) ...

For those unable to view the photos of the OP, I've attached a couple of them below:

R/
'Chop

Attached Thumbnails Duo Glide Dyna-faux-duo-glide-3.jpg   Duo Glide Dyna-faux-duo-glide-2.jpg   Duo Glide Dyna-faux-duo-glide-1.jpg  

Last edited by SURFOR Chop; 11-14-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

Chop, the thread link didn't come through your post. Could you post it again?

Old 11-14-2010, 02:42 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Just edited to add the link ....

Old 11-14-2010, 06:19 PM
U-234
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Here's a couple of shots of my Project Street Bob. If all goes well I will be posting pics with the new paint in 2 weeks. Not green but House of Kolor Lazuli Blue, a dry pearl, over black. I'm supposed go by the painter's tomorrow to see paint samples and decide if I want the pearl in the clear or in the black.
I have some build process pics in my Album and more pics at www.flickr.com/photos/mcr-1955/sets .

Attached Thumbnails Duo Glide Dyna-100_1436.jpg   Duo Glide Dyna-100_1266.jpg  
Old 11-14-2010, 06:52 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by DouGlide
My pretty standard Dyna just customized to look like a classic Dua Glide. With a heritage front-end and custom fat rear fender it has very unique look.

Good god man that is a beautiful machine! Nice execution and a great idea if I do say so myself.

Originally Posted by Thingfish
Great looking bike. Video made me want to take a ride. Looked into putting an FL front end on a Dyna. Didn't get a lot of great answers. What's the best method? If you don't cut the neck and weld on a new one you have a 3/4 inch (FL) mounting into a 1 inch collar (dyna). Sounds like a big compromise to the strength and integrity of the front end. What's the scoop?

There are some minor differences in the build for 06 and newer as Todd stated but they are minor. Here's a link to my thread and I would be happy to answer any questions you have.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...i-project.html

Old 11-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

Thanks for all the links guys. Your bikes all look amazing. A few reasons I've never pulled the trigger on this is...couldn't get the info you have now provided, it's my sole vehicle daily driver and didn't want to screw it up too badly if it didn't work, I have a standing agreement with my wife and three kids that i won't unduly risk my life by driving an unroadworthy vehicle and my technical skill set is fairly novice. All my mods nave been backyard paint jobs and bolt ons. No cutting, grinding, welding....etc. Looking at your results has really lit the fire again for something I've always wanted to do. Still a trick to get around the time needed to complete a project like this...even if i knew what the heck i was doing. I will certainly hit you guys up with questions as they arrise. Still a bit much to get head around, even with all your pics and explanations since I am not very mechanically knowledgable. Thanks for the inspiration and taking the trouble to share your process.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:36 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Rick - Your Duo Glide Dyna is looking good ... first I've seen of it since you took the nacelle off ...

R/
'Chop

Old 11-14-2010, 09:45 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks Todd, been meaning to load some new pics but just never got around to it.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:03 AM
U-234
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Rick - Your Duo Glide Dyna is looking good ... first I've seen of it since you took the nacelle off ...

R/
'Chop

Same goes from me, too.

Harvey

Quick Reply: Duo Glide Dyna