Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many of you Dyna riders have raced or had race bikes ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 10:23 PM
rmatt34
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How many of you Dyna riders have raced or had race bikes ?

after getting off subject on another thread I thought I could post this question ..

I have a theory that a lot of guys that come over to Harley after racing or riding race bikes (crotch rockets, rice rockets, zoomsplats, what ever you wanna call 'em ) seem to end up on Dynas..

It makes sense to me because we all know that Dynas are the best handling Harleys and the most fun to ride hard..

So if I could get a show of hands from all those that came over from "the dark side"...

Thanks...

Old 11-11-2010, 10:45 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I raced MX for many years and decided to leave that behind in 2002 even though I had a sweet deal going on with the Local Kawasaki dealer. My weapon of choice was KX125s and from 1999-2002 the KX 250. The four strokers were still workin out their bugs so I rode smokers. I spent many years as a squid carving the Appalachian mountains on just about every GSXR Suzuki ever made with the final GSXR being a 1000. I sold the last GSXR about 6 months ago. As soon as I complete this Dyna build I am going to build a dual sport and do some exploring that I have never experienced before. I may build a DRZ400/470 or a Husky 630 depending on where I am at and the deal I can find.

The mid control,less rake, stripped down Street Bob was the closest start to where I wanted a Harley to be. Easy choice.

Last edited by parts eeter; 11-11-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:47 PM
rmatt34
Road Master

Very Nice !!!

Why did you choose a Dyna ?

Old 11-11-2010, 10:50 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Hah!! You posted before I completed the edit. I went with the Street Bob because of Mid Controls,Less Rake, and Stripped down style. Kind of the blank canvas of Big Twins. I like the less is more approach.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:53 PM
rmatt34
Road Master

Right on,

well if you ever make it up this way we have some of the best trail systems in the country .. all through the mountains and the rivers ...

they even let you ride them on the street between trail heads... It's a good time...

Old 11-11-2010, 11:02 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

I will take you up on that. I believe I am going to be moving to West Virginia in the near future so I can get back into the mountains. PM me your contact info address and I will put it in a contact list of people that I am gonna try and catch up with on my Dual Sport adventure. I am gonna try and build the Dual Sport to perform on par with a good woods machine. That way I can ship some good tires to my friends locations and swap them out when I get there. So I dont have to fight knobbies on the pavement and junky tires off road. I would like to get back on a MX track within the next season. I have been conditioning by riding bicycles 20 miles 3 times a week, and lifting. I dont want to just try and get back on a MX bike. That never works out well.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:10 PM
rmatt34
Road Master

Originally Posted by parts eeter
I will take you up on that. I believe I am going to be moving to West Virginia in the near future so I can get back into the mountains. PM me your contact info address and I will put it in a contact list of people that I am gonna try and catch up with on my Dual Sport adventure. I am gonna try and build the Dual Sport to perform on par with a good woods machine. That way I can ship some good tires to my friends locations and swap them out when I get there. So I dont have to fight knobbies on the pavement and junky tires off road. I would like to get back on a MX track within the next season. I have been conditioning by riding bicycles 20 miles 3 times a week, and lifting. I dont want to just try and get back on a MX bike. That never works out well.
Absolutely , anytime you are near man...

I also have a friend that I used to road race with that has his own MX track , it's a legit track too, not just some sand scattered around..

I am trying to get back to the shape I was before I broke my leg in three pieces snowboarding... plate and seven screws now... but the worst part is that I was in the best shape of my life when I did it and it took forever to heal up and now ....well, let's just say I've got some work to do...

Old 11-11-2010, 11:21 PM
nexeradg
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

This Fat Bob is my first Harley after riding sportbikes for 12 years. I kind of grew into streetfighters (speed triples, monsters) and somehow the natural progression were Dyna's! Loved every mile of my Fat Bob so far, but am considering mid controls from the forward.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:28 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

I freekin luv some street fighter monsters! My buddy has an old school Duc Street Fighter. It sounds like a monster...

I had forwards on my Bob when I got it... Hated them,ditched em for mids. Mucho Happy Now

Old 11-11-2010, 11:29 PM
rmatt34
Road Master

Originally Posted by nexeradg
This Fat Bob is my first Harley after riding sportbikes for 12 years. I kind of grew into streetfighters (speed triples, monsters) and somehow the natural progression were Dyna's! Loved every mile of my Fat Bob so far, but am considering mid controls from the forward.
Streetfighters are cool, I like the MV Augusta Brutale..

Quick Reply: How many of you Dyna riders have raced or had race bikes ?