Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many of you Dyna riders have raced or had race bikes ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 01:05 AM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kev_England
P.S. T-Dub - that is a dream garage you have there!
Thanks. It was. I don't own any rockets anymore and the garage is now a 2-car with one bike. Those were some fun times though. I still get to ride the red bike once in a while. I sold it to a buddy of mine.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:07 AM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
If you got a ticket I think that means you lost...Ghhh Ghhh Ghhh (Bad Roscoe P Coltrain impression) Maybe 3 bad spark plugs? Broken Throttle Cable? sumthin?
Nah, I would slow down and let them catch up to me. I was always afraid that an antelope would run out in front of them and destroy the car. I only got two tickets the whole time I rode rockets. But I never tried to outrun the cops. They know who I am and what I ride, so that would be a career limiting move.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Kev_England
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by parts eeter
When I started riding my GSXR1000 after a year off of it I felt the same way. First thought was, Has this bike always been this small? Second thought was this thing is miserable uncomfortable. So far I have logged 10k miles on my Street Bob and I sold the last GSXR I had about 6 months ago. It was crazy too much for the street anyways.

Hey KevEngland did ya know there are two mini sized people running off with your wheels?
Yep, I think all the brochure pictures of Sport Bike have guys 5'5" or less on them! Seriously, I had narrowed my choice down to a Ducati (Monster or 1098) or Triumph Speed Triple. But, as soon as I saw them in real life I knew they wouldnt work for me now. Reading this thread reminds me of the adrenaline rush though--I do miss racing friends round the country roads. With kids though I gotta learn to relax -- which is what I do on the Harley. Gotta hand it to these guys on this thread still racing though.

Yeah - those mini ppl are my 2 boys. Im nearly done with my 16" ape install and will take another pic of one of them hangin on it!

Old 11-13-2010, 10:37 AM
rmatt34
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbo ray 44
you were close.

How'd I know that Ray ...! ????

My hat is off to you sir, you are a true enthusiast...

You ever get out here for bike week , look me up man, we'll go have two or twelve beers !!!

There is a pretty good tuner out this way that does all my Harleys (he used to do my race bikes) ... People are pretty surprised at the motorcycle stuff that comes out of NH.. we actually make quite a bit of stuff here..as well as having the oldest race school in the nation...(and we have the shortest season too !!!)

Old 11-14-2010, 03:53 AM
Sonic69
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I road raced the WERA circuit for 6 years on a GSXR750. I got a new one every year through my sponsor. I then moved into drag racing a Hayabusa for a couple years. Ran the quarter in the mid 8's. I owned a Harley the whole time I was racing rice.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:09 AM
limp15000
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Here is a pic of me and the CBR600 at the Ledenon track in France

Old 11-14-2010, 12:11 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No leathers or boots on this run. It will bust 100 also.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:16 PM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Used to race motocross in the 70's and 80's. Still have have a bike I rip around on in Canada's mountain wilderness.
So true about the Dynas handling, especially my Fatbob. It feels like a big dirtbike sometimes.

Last edited by skidder; 11-14-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:19 PM
goblin127
Tourer

Grew up on cart mini bikes then dert bikes. Road bikes of choice for me was the CB750F road that till I crashed hard. took 18 years and many operations before I started again with a XR650L that I trickeout. Dual sports are a blast. The FXDL handles way better than I thought it would. Just did the cam chain conversion and some andrews 37 cams to the 03 dyna and its getting there.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:22 PM
goblin127
Tourer

This was a good idea for a thread.

Quick Reply: How many of you Dyna riders have raced or had race bikes ?