Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many of you Dyna riders have raced or had race bikes ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 01:32 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rmatt34
after getting off subject on another thread I thought I could post this question ..

I have a theory that a lot of guys that come over to Harley after racing or riding race bikes (crotch rockets, rice rockets, zoomsplats, what ever you wanna call 'em ) seem to end up on Dynas..

It makes sense to me because we all know that Dynas are the best handling Harleys and the most fun to ride hard..

So if I could get a show of hands from all those that came over from "the dark side"...

Thanks...

Well, you didn't mention desert racing, grand prix, mx and the other offroad racing that I was involved with. I'll always be a proponent of handling and speed, so Harley was a stretch for me to adapt to.

I just got older and decided to try road cruising once again. I tried it in the mid 80's and gave it up. Tried it in the mid 90's and gave it up again for the dirt. Now at 59, I still have a dirt racer, but hardly ride it, so bought another Harley back in March. It looks like I'll stick with it this time...Just need more POWER!

I did the suspension and a few other tweaks, but now I'm going for the 107 incher. Just like my cars, Jeeps and trucks, I want performance in a bike.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:54 AM
952dave
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been on a dirt bike since I was 5 so about 15 years now, and raced for over 10 years ending up on the the national chase at the end... Heres a pic of some real mx pegs the i made work on my bike.

Attached Thumbnails How many of you Dyna riders have raced or had race bikes ?-moto4.jpg   How many of you Dyna riders have raced or had race bikes ?-peg.jpg  
Old 11-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

The place I learned to ride was Lodi Cycle Bowl....TT track, or Flat Track if you prefer.
My experience from there has saved my butt a few times....Oh, this was back in 69-70

Old 11-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Evil_keeps_me_young
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is the bike i had before my dyna... as soon as the wide glide is payed off i'm getting a zx-14 and i'm putting a turbo on it...

Old 11-12-2010, 10:00 AM
AFONE
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nexeradg
This Fat Bob is my first Harley after riding sportbikes for 12 years. I kind of grew into streetfighters (speed triples, monsters) and somehow the natural progression were Dyna's! Loved every mile of my Fat Bob so far, but am considering mid controls from the forward.
Same here. My other bike is a Speed Triple...plan was to sell it when I bought the Dyna but the Speed Triple is such a great bike that's it's hard to let go of. Best bike I've ever owned. I bought the Dyna to slow ME down. Fat bob is a nice bike but doesn't compare in fun factor to the my Triumph.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:11 AM
limp15000
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,
I was first rode an NSR125 to learn when I was 18... Then went on to a CBR600, CBR900, ZRX1100, Ninja 636 for the track (rode it 600 miles in total... hated it :P)
then I got a CB1000R which I sold in autumn to get my Fatbob.

In Switzerland the police is getting crazy with speeding and we still don't have a race track. So each time you want to go fast you need to drive to France to a race track...
Was getting expensive and always wondered what a Harley would be like

For the moment it's in the shop getting a wide glide fender, but anyways the weather is rubish...

Cheers from rainy Geneva

Old 11-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stayed on Honda XR's as a kid. Have had all grades of bikes since. Harley's, Honda's etc. Last race bike I had was a CBR1000RR about 6 years ago. I took all the decals off and flat blacked it. I'm beginning to see a pattern..... I had an Interceptor about 8 years ago....flat black.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:25 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

I also kinda thought a bunch of ya had race bikes before the Dynas. I never tried flat track though and as much as I wanted to I never hit the Baja race either. Maybe on the dual sport though.

I bet that Busa sounded killer with that drag pipe on it! Sure looks good. All of our drag strips are 1/8 miles so the GSXR1000 is king here,the Busa rules the 1/4 though.

Last edited by parts eeter; 11-12-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:34 AM
abi
Tourer

Nice Busa Evil. The Gen II's are finally starting to grow on me. I've had a number of rockets before my Dyna(first HD). Don't have one know but I'm looking for a winter rocket project because I'm missing the speed. My last fast bike was this 04 Busa

Old 11-12-2010, 10:36 AM
lstcause616
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a group of friends who stunt sport bikes taught me how to ride. i could clutch it up before i could turn the bike. i started out with a 03 gsxr 600 one down 6 up in the rear. all that bike wanted to do was wheelies. it had a big old crash cage on it 12 bar and no fairings. trailered it everywhere i wanted to ride. then i got 03 750 for a street bike. had that for a year then sold it around the same time i blew the motor in my stunt bike. then got engaged and she wasnt having me gettin in trouble and hurt anymore so got rid of both and go my harley. funny thing is i still ride with the same group of guys on the street and i can hang with em around the turns i eat through pegs and scrap my primary and pipes i ride my harley way harder than my 750 and havent had a problem yet.

Quick Reply: How many of you Dyna riders have raced or had race bikes ?