Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many of you Dyna riders have raced or had race bikes ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 07:43 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sold my Busa about three months ago. I do miss it, but it was a waste of power sitting there not being ridden.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:50 PM
rmatt34
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by parts eeter
Doh!!! Why Evil WHYYYYYYYYY? Just kidding I did the same. I admit to growing somewhat skiddish of the superfast machines. No race tracks in my area and common sense in my lid. We should all still get together and do a track day for fun.
A good friend of mine arranges track days at New Hampshire Motor Speedway..

they also have practice days (well, they are actually half days if you go to those)

Come on up !!!

Old 11-15-2010, 10:27 PM
Evil_keeps_me_young
Banned

the real reason i got rid of the busa is because the liter bikes have the same 196hp and weigh less... i hate the fact jap companies are self regulating their hp!!! soon you will see 600cc bikes with 196hp so whats the point? as soon as the wide glide is payed off i'll buy a big cc jap bike and put a turbo on it, probably a zx-14 cause the 2nd gen busa's have titanium valves and tend to float. boost as much as i can afford to modify... they also regulate the top speed at 300kph or 186mph which you have to remove, and yes i've gone as fast as the busa will go... regulated and unregulated...

but hopefully before the harley is payed off the jap manufactures will come to their senses and start with the unregulated hp race again...

pic for you, i have a pic of me sitting on the busa but rmatt34 started this thread and i'm dressed goofy like the other pic and i don't want to give him anymore ammunition...

Last edited by Evil_keeps_me_young; 11-15-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:58 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Thats a funny pic Evil... Fastest I had my GSXR1000 was 178 but it was dark and I ran outta road. I think it had 3 more MPH left in it, but it was taking forever and I was covering some ground. Those guys taking Busas close to 300MPH have Steel schwingin with a clank when they walk. What kinda MPH did ya get outta that Busa?

Old 11-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Evil_keeps_me_young
Banned

Thats a funny pic Evil... Fastest I had my GSXR1000 was 178 but it was dark and I ran outta road. I think it had 3 more MPH left in it, but it was taking forever and I was covering some ground. Those guys taking Busas close to 300MPH have Steel schwingin with a clank when they walk. What kinda MPH did ya get outta that Busa?
as fast as she went 6th gear really 5th gear indicated (to trick the computer and bypass the speed limiter) tack pegged... the only way to get the real speed is with gps of which i didn't have... but as fast as it would go... then i stretched her 7 inches and lowered her 2" went up three teeth in the back and down one in the front and that pretty much ended my top speed runs... but she would fish tail when you got on her which was REALLY fun...

Last edited by Evil_keeps_me_young; 11-16-2010 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:30 AM
rmatt34
Road Master

Originally Posted by Evil_keeps_me_young
the real reason i got rid of the busa is because the liter bikes have the same 196hp and weigh less... i hate the fact jap companies are self regulating their hp!!! soon you will see 600cc bikes with 196hp so whats the point? as soon as the wide glide is payed off i'll buy a big cc jap bike and put a turbo on it, probably a zx-14 cause the 2nd gen busa's have titanium valves and tend to float. boost as much as i can afford to modify... they also regulate the top speed at 300kph or 186mph which you have to remove, and yes i've gone as fast as the busa will go... regulated and unregulated...

but hopefully before the harley is payed off the jap manufactures will come to their senses and start with the unregulated hp race again...

pic for you, i have a pic of me sitting on the busa but rmatt34 started this thread and i'm dressed goofy like the other pic and i don't want to give him anymore ammunition...

The U.S D.O.T. "self regulates" top speed on a motor vehicle ... the manufacturers are just playing by the rules...

If someone needs the extra MPH , there is always the "black Box" ....

And I can't believe you don't trust me now... after all I did for your image !!!

Besides , i'm doing one for dog cop right now anyway...(he volunteered his and I got nothing for him yet...not really the same unless it's "unsolicited" )

P.S. you got a lot of good remarks from the ladies on your bunny slippers !!!

Last edited by rmatt34; 11-16-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:51 AM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Ninja was a 2000 and wasn't limited, I buried the 220 speedo but it was off about 10% so it was really like 200, it was still scary fast.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:07 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

OK Ok Wheres the offending BUNNY slippers? I musta missed em. I gotta see the Evil Bunny slippies.....Now I also need to know what class you are limited to in said Evil Bunny slippers... Sorry Evil I had to do it.. I just couldnt help myself.

Last edited by parts eeter; 11-16-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:04 PM
rmatt34
Road Master

OK Ok Wheres the offending BUNNY slippers? I musta missed em. I gotta see the Evil Bunny slippies.....Now I also need to know what class you are limited to in said Evil Bunny slippers... Sorry Evil I had to do it.. I just couldnt help myself.
Only since YOU asked...

Here's the before and after ....

it went on for a while , but here is how it started and ended ...

AND I have NO IDEA who did this to him (but who ever it was is a funny bastard !!!)

Sorry evil_keeps_me_young !!!

Attached Thumbnails How many of you Dyna riders have raced or had race bikes ?-goldwing-shirt-before.jpg   How many of you Dyna riders have raced or had race bikes ?-goldwing-shirt-ver-four.jpg  
Old 11-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Evil_keeps_me_young
Banned

Originally Posted by rmatt34
Only since YOU asked...

Here's the before and after ....

it went on for a while , but here is how it started and ended ...

AND I have NO IDEA who did this to him (but who ever it was is a funny bastard !!!)

Sorry evil_keeps_me_young !!!
just call me bunny foot...

Quick Reply: How many of you Dyna riders have raced or had race bikes ?