Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post your favorite Laydown Plate Bracket and Info Here

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 09:51 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Post your favorite Laydown Plate Bracket and Info Here

I have been doing much research on which Laydown plate bracket to buy. After searching I found that many guys are using the Hogrida bracket and that is a totally nice piece, however I am looking for a Laydown Plate bracket that does away with the exposed plate fasteners. I am looking for a CHROME one that the plate feeds up through a slot in the bottom and set screws in or the plate just stays in due to tension. If anybody could help me find one of these that fits nicely I would appreciate the help. I have seen the Kuryakyn bracket and dont like that one. The main points I am looking for is Laydown tightly similar to hogridas bracket,and Chrome, No exposed plate fasteners.

Last edited by parts eeter; 11-08-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:09 AM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no idea......... you could always get one of Hogrida's and have it chromed. As far as the mounting bolts go I dunno....... maybe just add a chrome frame and some chrome flush mount hardware; probably do the trick with a lot less hassle and expense that what you are searching for..........

Old 11-08-2010, 11:17 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

The Hogrida bracket has built in studs with acorn nuts. Chroming it will basically be useless as its pretty much an unseen item after the plates installed. Its a great bracket but not what I am after. Somebody makes the bracket I am looking for I am just unable to find it.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:26 PM
HDDyna2006
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got one of this from ebay. away with taillight

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...STRK:MEBDIX:IT

Attached Thumbnails Post your favorite Laydown Plate Bracket and Info Here-licenseplate-led.jpg  
Old 11-08-2010, 01:41 PM
stewbeezer
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 11-08-2010, 02:10 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by stewbeezer
Thanks Stewbreezer thats what I am looking for.

Thanks HDDyna2006 but I dont need a lighted model and it needs to be curved. While you are here and since I missed out on that Radii taillight you sold will you send me a link to where I can get one of those taillights at? You can PM me or post it here. Much appreciated guys. Thank You

For anybody else feel free to keep posting your Laydown bracket setups. I am sure many others are interested as well.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:00 PM
HDDyna2006
Banned

Originally Posted by parts eeter
Thanks Stewbreezer thats what I am looking for.

Thanks HDDyna2006 but I dont need a lighted model and it needs to be curved. While you are here and since I missed out on that Radii taillight you sold will you send me a link to where I can get one of those taillights at? You can PM me or post it here. Much appreciated guys. Thank You

For anybody else feel free to keep posting your Laydown bracket setups. I am sure many others are interested as well.
phatperformance have listed at $299 way too high, check www.debrix.com
I am sure they carry it, can't open item pics from work computer,

FYI, just to let you know that radii taillight points up towards the rear if mounted to cover fender square hole. that's why I switch out of it.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:07 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Wow at 299 I will never be able to afford it. I checked Debrix and no luck. I may just get a more Lo Pro taillight cover for my Kuryakyn LED taillight instead.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:11 PM
phatman
Road Captain

I had this style on my sporty & I loved the looks of it. I can't remember exactly which one I had but there are three options. Best of all they are all under $70. Oh, one downside is that you might have to cut your plate down to make it fit (I had to with the Wisconsin plate). I hope this helps

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...fCatId=&mmyId=

Old 11-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Granted I have a touring bike, but my plate bracket was mounted with 2 bolts that went through the center and attached to the bar running behind my seat. The holes in the plate were at an angle that forced the plate to stand straight up and down when bolted to the bar. If you have a similar arrangement, give this a shot.

I turned the plate mount upside down and used a dremel cutoff wheel to cut around the top and sides of the mounting holes, creating "mounting tabs". Then I tightened the bolts down and used the armstrong method to bend the bracket into place.

I had to turn the bracket upside down to make this work, or else I would have been bending the tabs into the plate, instead of away from it.

I also had to pry off the reflector and re-glue it to the top (or, the "new" bottom) of the bracket.

Cost of laydown bracket: $0.00.

Quick Reply: Post your favorite Laydown Plate Bracket and Info Here