Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post your favorite Laydown Plate Bracket and Info Here

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 04:26 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
The Hogrida bracket has built in studs with acorn nuts. Chroming it will basically be useless as its pretty much an unseen item after the plates installed. Its a great bracket but not what I am after. Somebody makes the bracket I am looking for I am just unable to find it.

I'm sure he'd make one without the studs for you......... I agree chrome is "useless" but you're the one said they were looking for chrome

Old 11-08-2010, 04:38 PM
rmatt34
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine from hogrida too and I love it...brackets should not be seen.. I did have to put a couple rubber washers on the posts to keep it off my paint, but no biggie ..I am happy with the result...

+1 on the chrome is useless, it's just more you have to scuff up for powder coat anyway..

Last edited by rmatt34; 11-08-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:46 PM
FBRR
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine came from J&p cycle, it is not slotted, but is curved and I like the way it flows with the fender.

Attached Thumbnails Post your favorite Laydown Plate Bracket and Info Here-hd2-nov.2010-004tl.jpg  
Old 11-08-2010, 04:53 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rmatt34
I got mine from hogrida too and I love it...brackets should not be seen.. I did have to put a couple rubber washers on the posts to keep it off my paint, but no biggie ..I am happy with the result...

+1 on the chrome is useless, it's just more you have to scuff up for powder coat anyway..
that new-fangled powdercoat is too fancy for my tastes....... I lean more towards krylon......... but excellent point.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:56 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I meant chroming of the Hogrida bracket is useless as its unseen when the plate is mounted. I like chrome and am not looking to black out my bike as its already pretty dark now. So the options that a few guys have posted have really helped. I appreciate the help locating a suitable bracket. I like chrome bits here and there as the whole blacked out bike thing isnt for me. Not that I dont like the look, its just not for me.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:12 PM
rmatt34
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CRF
that new-fangled powdercoat is too fancy for my tastes....... I lean more towards krylon......... but excellent point.
The band on my battery box and my A/C Cover are ALL Krylon ... once in a while I'll get up enough loot to powdercoat some parts..

P.S. VANCOUVER ROCKS !!!!

As does Whistler-Blackcomb ... you don't board by any chance do you ... ?

Last edited by rmatt34; 11-08-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:48 PM
MyBeerBelly
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine from drag spec. It it the 3 hole don hot top model. lays flat on the bike and was about $30. No bolts or screws show, it mounts plate from back and sit flush to fender. Sorry no real good pics of it and it is in storage now...

Old 11-08-2010, 07:18 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MyBeerBelly
I got mine from drag spec. It it the 3 hole don hot top model. lays flat on the bike and was about $30. No bolts or screws show, it mounts plate from back and sit flush to fender. Sorry no real good pics of it and it is in storage now...
I checked your album and from what I can see that looks like it will work for me, I was unable to locate on the Drag Specialties Site. Any chance you have the part number from an old reciept or something? I can call them as well. Regardless I appreciate the info and will try and go that route as its a good 40 bux cheaper than all the others. Let me know on that part number if you do or do not have it. Thanks again.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:21 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Got the easy brakets kit and had it powder coated black, also relocates the signals and I think looks pretty good too.

Attached Thumbnails Post your favorite Laydown Plate Bracket and Info Here-7.jpg   Post your favorite Laydown Plate Bracket and Info Here-10.jpg  
Old 11-09-2010, 07:51 PM
MyBeerBelly
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
I checked your album and from what I can see that looks like it will work for me, I was unable to locate on the Drag Specialties Site. Any chance you have the part number from an old reciept or something? I can call them as well. Regardless I appreciate the info and will try and go that route as its a good 40 bux cheaper than all the others. Let me know on that part number if you do or do not have it. Thanks again.
Sorry, I dont have the part number. I got it as one of my my first mods in 08, i hated the stand up plate. I know it was drag specailties and it was call the don hot top lay down 3 hole holder. I tried searching online to find and had no luck. I would contact them, they could help you more
-Jay