Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well that was embarassing

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 01:18 AM
mattkenzie
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The day I brought her home. Sitting in my garage with a beer, I couldn't help but to lift the ks and sit on the bike feeling cool. Didn't feel so cool when I went to set her on the stand (that was still up) and kept on going.
My priorities were definitely not in order.... didn't spill a drop.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Subu
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mattkenzie
.... didn't spill a drop.
Cheers.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:14 AM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

I went back and forth last month between a 2011 Fat Bob and the 2011 Street Bob. Aesthetically, I like both of them equally. I was coming over from a 2004 Night Train and wanted something more nimble. Ultimately, I chose the Street Bob because it was 35 pounds lighter than the Fat Bob. The OP just gave me another justification on the lighter bike.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:47 AM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
real funny you scared the grap out of a young girl your a ***
You got him! He waited for just the right moment to intentionally make the bike backfire and scare a little girl............ C'mon, it was a matter of poor timing and I doubt he did it intentionally. Hell I doubt he could do intentionally. How many people can make a bike backfire on demand when starting it?

Old 11-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Marky the Sparky
6th Gear

Early this summer I was turning around in my yard and my Low Rider tipped over. I tried to hold it up as it fell and screwed up my knee. I had to use a cane for a couple weeks. Did that in front of my friend and his wife, both on their Harleys. Wifey was just bitchin' at me for sliding around in the gravel like I was on a dirt bike. Then I fall over duck paddling, right in front of her.

Years ago when I was a kid, I rolled up to the local store on my motocross bike. There were a couple girls from school standing outside and I felt so cool being on a motorcycle. I think I was 15 or 16. Well, bell bottom jeans were all the rage back then and unbeknownst to me, my kick start lever had found it's way up my pant leg. As you can guess, when I tried to put my foot down as I came up to a stop next to the girls, I couldn't. I plopped over onto the paved parking lot right in front of them......

Last edited by Marky the Sparky; 11-07-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:19 PM
O.F.
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a passenger dump me once. I wasn't watching him (brother) and he had his feet planted on the ground while I was trying to leave the curb. Bent the brake pedal.
Had a near miss once sitting in a left turn lane waiting for the light (3 lanes each way). Someone had dumped gas or oil all over the road that I didn't see and about halfway through the turn, my rear end started to come out from under me. I planted my left foot and somehow managed to keep the bike up while doing a complete 180*, finally stopping just in front of the traffic on the other side. Scared the crap out of me but damned if I was going to let that bike go down!

Old 11-07-2010, 02:10 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

There's a guy I know at work who wrecked his buddy's Ducati 750 AND broke his foot, all from a dead stop in a parking lot. After hearing that story I was feeling pretty good about myself.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:42 PM
YellowHawk
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My first bike was a Honda 750. Got home on it one evening and pulled up by the porch and twisted the throttle a couple times feeling all cool...I normally pop it into neutral and shut it off....only I forgot to pop it in neutral and just turned loose of the clutch. Fortunately it died but it did jump forward just enough that I couldn't react quick enough and dumped her right over. I felt like a real moron. Lucky for me though, nobody saw it. But I have done that once more at a gas station since then only it didn't go down. Still very embarrasing!

Old 11-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Stomper-63
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep... spilled my SB over in my yard this summer, JUST after I had cleaned & detailed the snot out of it as it was a sunny day. I was all happy because my HD Q/D wind shield was PRISTINE (not so much as a scratch) and wound up with a 2" scrape on it, right along the lower left leading edge. Fortunately I was able to buff if out with some Novus Polish!

My second brush with a spill was gearing up curbside, and this old local guy came up and was ****-chatting, and asked how the bike sounded.. so while standing next to the bike I keyed it on, hit the start button... and it was IN GEAR!!! Thank GAWD it didn't keep running!! I'm still stumped about that, because I park it in nuetural as a habit. Now I ALWAYS make sure the indicator light is on before I hit the starter when I'm not actually on the bike holding in the clutch.

Last edited by Stomper-63; 11-07-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:06 PM
lukemc7
Cruiser
Default spill

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
real funny you scared the grap out of a young girl your a ***

well her parents were laughing as well. Maybe you had to be there but it was funny

Quick Reply: Well that was embarassing