Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well that was embarassing

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Streetbob Bomber
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Havent dropped this bike yet, but there were a few that have taken a soil sample in the past!!

Old 11-06-2010, 06:18 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default tip-over

On my last 7-day trip, I gently tipped over 3 times! on dirt roads, when I stepped into a hole! (inseam challenged) With all the extra gear lashed to the sissy-bar, the point of no return is killer.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:27 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I did it after kicking at one of my wife's cats. She was under foot as I backed out of the garage. Kicked her twice and forgot the stand, it hit the floorboard mounts and stopped.

Did it in the front yard with a CBR600 when I was tanked too. Went to move it in the back to the shed and all I managed to do was dump it over and I went with it.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:40 PM
limp15000
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm, I had a nice experience too... No harm but quite humiliating...
I changed my brake pads on my CBR600. I was on a track day weekend and wanted to step up to a faster category...

Had to go see the organisers and well... I managed to forget to pump my brakes and kind of stopped against the table of the organisers...

But **** happens...
And yes I think we've all been there

Old 11-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Len
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oops - know the feeling - dropped mine while "trying to look cool" parking the scoot.
Dumped the bike; my honey just sort of "stepped off" the back; she looked at me while I'm climbing out from under the bike and said "whatcha doin under there?"

The Street Glide is a little heavier to lift - good thing I watched the "Ride like Pro" Video - it wasn't that bad to get it back up.

A couple of scratches on the bike; bruised pride for me . . . wasn't the first time; won't be the last.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:56 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Been there, in front of a friend and his wife. Embarrassing as all hell.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:50 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down scarubg

Originally Posted by lukemc7
Spilled my street bob in a parking lot backing it into a spot, It stalled and I just picked it up put the kick stand down and went in to eat all embarassed. When I came out and tried to start it she backfired REAL loud and there was a girl maybe 8 years old walking behind me she screamed like someone shot her and went running back towards the door haha couldnt help but laugh
real funny you scared the grap out of a young girl your a ***

Old 11-06-2010, 10:55 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I did that on my dads FXR back in the day!! I went to see a friend at her work and luckily they weren't busy and I don't think anybody saw. As I was planning on setting it on the stand it wasn't stopping. Luckily I was 17 and had the fear of my dad killing me and I saved it from touching the ground. The highway peg got an inch from the ground.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:57 PM
JonV
Tourer

Been there, done that! Felt like a Dope and when a guy helped me pick it up, he quietly said, "Anybody says they've never dropped one, don't ride"

Old 11-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Subu
Cruiser

Been there the day I bought my first bike, in the parking lot of the dealer. Went to set her down, kick stand wasn't down, went past the tipping point and I fought to push her back up... all the way onto the other side... Scuffed up the stock exhaust about an inch, and the hand brake. I wasn't a new rider either, and had NEVER set another bike down.

I did see a guy at a honda powersports while I was looking at quads drive off on some street bike and do some major damage right after he signed the final paperwork. That was pretty entertaining.

Quick Reply: Well that was embarassing