Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orange/Black/White Screaming Eagle paint job on 07 Street Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 08:21 PM
rc4fan
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Orange/Black/White Screaming Eagle paint job on 07 Street Bob?

Ok I have the wheel issue out of the way. Sorry about the multiple posts. So now I have decided to go ahead with the color change I have been wanting to do on my SB. The day I bought it off the showroom floor they had a Screaming Eagle race bike sitting there and I always told myself someday I would have a similar paint scheme on the SB. That time has come. What are your opinions on this? Has anyone done it? I don't know whether to copy the bike as close to possible and have the white eagle airbrushed on the tank or just use the colors and do something with the traditional Harley teardrop insert on the tank using a white painted stripe to separate the two colors of orange and black. I could always do the Nightster paint scheme to...... The guy I am using is one of the best and has multiple magazines spreads from his paint work on bikes so I'm pretty excited!

Old 11-04-2010, 08:36 PM
rmatt34
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell yeah you should do it!!!

I've always loved the Black/orange/white combo (or that orange on orange they had on the Screaming Eagle road glide)

In my totally unprofessional opinion ...

Harleys should be Black....

Or Orange...

Or Black and Orange...

My buddy did the classic Black/orange Harley tear drop paint on his lowrider and used the sportster sport tank stickers and cleared over them..

Be creative and have fun wit it because it will be yours ...

Old 11-04-2010, 09:03 PM
rc4fan
Tourer

I think it will look pretty sick with the all black motor and frame and the bits and pieces of chrome Harley added. I think it's set up just right for those colors. I just have to figure out which design to go with. Tear drop or true two tone.... I think I am going to do the silver to break them up but don't know if I want to use the eagle somehow or just a nice clean line to split the colors. It's not an easy decision and an expensive one at that (at least for me)

Old 11-04-2010, 09:11 PM
rmatt34
Road Master

Originally Posted by rc4fan
I think it will look pretty sick with the all black motor and frame and the bits and pieces of chrome Harley added. I think it's set up just right for those colors. I just have to figure out which design to go with. Tear drop or true two tone.... I think I am going to do the silver to break them up but don't know if I want to use the eagle somehow or just a nice clean line to split the colors. It's not an easy decision and an expensive one at that (at least for me)

That's why I'm glad I have Photoshop, so I can work out some ideas ahead of time...

You're gonna have to live with it , so it better be right !!!

For what it's worth, I think you made the right choice on the wheels ...

Also, I gotta ask.. The RC4FAN... does that happen to be for Ricky Carmichael (#4 SX )

Old 11-04-2010, 09:20 PM
rc4fan
Tourer

Yes, huge Carmichael fan since he was on 80's! Love motocross.

We do some professional photography on the side and my wife is really good at photoshop so I will get her to try some things. Feel free to do so yourself and post them, lol.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:25 PM
rmatt34
Road Master

I got a couple logo commissions I'm working on right now but I bet I can find some "fun time" to play around a bit...!!!

Also a HUGE RC fan... (even if he did ride kawasuzuki...) His last few races against Bubba were EPIC !!!

Old 11-04-2010, 09:40 PM
rc4fan
Tourer

Yeah we went to his last few Nationals and the MXDN at Budds Creek his retirement season (2007). Red Bud was a pretty intense battle that year.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:49 PM
rmatt34
Road Master

That's awesome...

But my real passion is road racing ... The "34" in Rmatt34 is for Kevin Schwantz..

The last american (before Nicky Hayden, who my son is named after...) to win the Moto GP.(well, it was the 500 GP's back then when they ran 500cc two strokes on leaded gas with no traction control or slipper clutches and went about 200MPH...)

That's cool man, if you're anywhere near me we can moto or hit the trails for some enduros..
or go over to the track and burn a set of tires off a race bike...

I'll stop hijacking your thread now...

Old 11-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Jarhead08
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just don't go black.....way too many black bikes on the road....damn you sons of anarchy! Lmao

Last edited by Jarhead08; 11-05-2010 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:17 PM
952dave
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont know what color your looking for but heres my bike that I painted, its candy orange over a silver base.

Attached Thumbnails Orange/Black/White Screaming Eagle paint job on 07 Street Bob?-sglide-side.jpg   Orange/Black/White Screaming Eagle paint job on 07 Street Bob?-sglide-tank.jpg   Orange/Black/White Screaming Eagle paint job on 07 Street Bob?-sglide-ass.jpg  

Last edited by 952dave; 11-04-2010 at 11:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Orange/Black/White Screaming Eagle paint job on 07 Street Bob?