Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orange/Black/White Screaming Eagle paint job on 07 Street Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 10:07 AM
SK'sHD
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to the finished product.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:13 AM
rc4fan
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Haha sorry guys. I haven't been on here. I would be horrible at making a sketch for you but it is going to be a deep orange pearl on top, silver stripe to break it up, black on bottom. The fenders will follow the same pattern. What is going to make it different is I'm using the Willie G skull with the half jaw as my tank logo with the Harley Davidson Motorcycles lettering. Also in the black will be very faint ghost flames or a waiving ghost checkered flags. I haven't fully decided what I want ghosted into the black....

Old 11-09-2010, 06:16 AM
rc4fan
Tourer

Something like this. Please give your input on whether you would use the flag, flames, or maybe a shredded look with checkered flags in the shredded pieces... Also if you think the skull will look good as my tank logo. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Orange/Black/White Screaming Eagle paint job on 07 Street Bob?-tankside.jpg  
Old 11-09-2010, 09:24 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

u should use the night train tank badge...that would look sweet

Old 11-09-2010, 09:43 AM
rc4fan
Tourer

So very subtle ghost flames or checkered flag in the black? Looking into the night train badge....

Old 11-09-2010, 09:47 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rc4fan
So very subtle ghost flames or checkered flag in the black? Looking into the night train badge....
checkered flag looks sweet!

flames would look weird only on half the tank.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:40 PM
rc4fan
Tourer

Thank you 07 bobber! I'm so glad you suggested the Night Train emblem. It will look awesome on that paint. I went straight to the Harley dealer and ordered them!

Old 11-09-2010, 03:23 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

that emblem is gonna look sik on that paint scheme

Old 11-09-2010, 11:12 PM
rc4fan
Tourer

Well the bike is stripped, the front wheel is stripped down, all my parts are ordered and the tins are at the shop awaiting paint. I also went ahead and decided to do the Street Slammer bars and relocate the turn signals. If it didn't take my stupid Harley dealership almost 7-10 business days to get parts I would probably have the bike all done except for paint early next week. It looks like it is going to be somewhere around the end of this month before it is all back together. I am a VERY impatient person but want it done to the highest standards so this is going to be a painful wait for me. I will keep you guys updated as we make progress. I am going out of town until Monday so hopefully parts will start to come together between now and then. Until I get it back I'll be stealing the old man's Heritage Softail

Old 11-15-2010, 06:04 AM
rc4fan
Tourer

Just a quick update, all the parts are in. The front wheel should be put together by tomorrow and I'm going to get it on and pick the bike up from the shop and do a good cleaning on all the things you can't get to with the tins on. My bike only has 3k miles on it and has never seen a drop of rain so it shouldn't need much. I will get pics soon

Quick Reply: Orange/Black/White Screaming Eagle paint job on 07 Street Bob?