Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbrushing on denim paint???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 09:12 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rmatt34
That's a great idea, airbrushing is a very personal thing (so even though he loves the three stooges, there is a chance he doesn't want them painted on his bike...)

Samsons are a very good idea though...
Originally Posted by studiopeg
Aw shucks fellas

I have an 08 Deluxe and just bought HD hardbags and Cycle Visions Tail Bagger. I have to change my pipes (again) to accomodate the bags, so I am getting Samson True Duals. I figured my bike is going to be so loud compared to his Fat Bob stock pipes that I gotta do something cool for Hubby...
http://www.samsonusa.com/C2-221B.html

So I'm now conspiring with Nashua HD where our bikes are in storage for the winter. When he picks it up in Spring, he'll have a surprise. That night I'm sure I'll have something nice for me... bwaa haa haa

P.S. I never buy $300 Coach handbags... only $50 Harley purses, LOL
Meant to say that Nashua HD matched the price on everything, it's all a go!
Sounds like you're on the right track.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:07 PM
studiopeg
Road Warrior
Received 63 Likes on 18 Posts

If anyone is sstill following this thread... I went to Nashua HD tonight to pick a box up and they brought out Hubby's Fat Bob with the new Samson exhaust. It is fantastic! He is going to love it, I can hardly wait until April when we pick the bikes up. The ceramic black looks great with his denim black, and it sound awesome.

I guess this was better than getting him the 3 Stooges airbrushing

Old 12-01-2010, 07:43 PM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

[quote=studiopeg;7603848]If anyone is sstill following this thread... I went to Nashua HD tonight to pick a box up and they brought out Hubby's Fat Bob with the new Samson exhaust. It is fantastic! He is going to love it, I can hardly wait until April when we pick the bikes up. The ceramic black looks great with his denim black, and it sound awesome.

I have black pipes on my denim black and really like the look too. BTW they are pretty easy to clean too....

Old 12-01-2010, 08:04 PM
studiopeg
Road Warrior

[quote=luc.who;7604017]
If anyone is sstill following this thread... I went to Nashua HD tonight to pick a box up and they brought out Hubby's Fat Bob with the new Samson exhaust. It is fantastic! He is going to love it, I can hardly wait until April when we pick the bikes up. The ceramic black looks great with his denim black, and it sound awesome.

I have black pipes on my denim black and really like the look too. BTW they are pretty easy to clean too....
Nice bike! Yes Hubby always chuckles when we're cleaning bikes and he's done in 15 minutes and I have 2 more hours to go.......

Old 12-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Punchsmack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool, thanks for the update.

You ever think about just buying a vinyl Stooges decal and putting on the bike? I bought a Chicago Blackhawk die-cut decal and put it on the left side of my tank. I've even had a few people ask me if I had it professionally painted.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:07 PM
studiopeg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Punchsmack
Cool, thanks for the update.

You ever think about just buying a vinyl Stooges decal and putting on the bike? I bought a Chicago Blackhawk die-cut decal and put it on the left side of my tank. I've even had a few people ask me if I had it professionally painted.
Now that's a thought... he was thinking about those bullet hole decals too.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:40 PM
jeffc68
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know my after market Matte Black has a clear coat on it. It has ghosted flames so I would asume that it can be done the same way as my flames were. So far my finish is flawless, smooth and seems durable.