Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbrushing on denim paint???

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 04:49 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

go ahead i have burshed flat paint before... hell i just airbrushed my brothers girls arms for halloween, i like shooting auto air paints they are great

here is my brothers girls arms... cat von d for halloween

Old 11-04-2010, 06:50 PM
lukemc7
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint

Here is a picture of a Denim Street glide with airbrushing on it at Myrtle beach bike week. I asked the guy how he did it and he told me he had the whole bike painted with clear after airbrushing then PPG makes a chemical DX-685 that turns it from gloss to a flat, egg shell, or satin finish. It wasn't as matte as the original paint on my street bob but was alot duller than a normal clear coated bike. And from the spec sheet found at http://www.myrv10.com/N104CD/paint/p-162.pdf It looks like you can play with the mixture to acheieve the desired look.

Hope this helps

Attached Thumbnails Airbrushing on denim paint???-denim.jpg  
Old 11-04-2010, 07:39 PM
rmatt34
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRK5892
go ahead i have burshed flat paint before... hell i just airbrushed my brothers girls arms for halloween, i like shooting auto air paints they are great

here is my brothers girls arms... cat von d for halloween

Damn Knappy Joe,

That is great , did you clear coat or use a single stage automotive paint ?

She should get that inked on for real....chicks with sleeves are SOOOOO HOT !!!
A nose ring and shiny black boots and pink hair don't hurt either (yes, I am a freak...)

Old 11-04-2010, 07:45 PM
952dave
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It shouldn't be a problem to clear cloat the tins .... look into house of kolor they have several options when it comes to flat or satin clear
coat..

Old 11-04-2010, 08:39 PM
studiopeg
Road Warrior
Received 63 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by lukemc7
Here is a picture of a Denim Street glide with airbrushing on it at Myrtle beach bike week. I asked the guy how he did it and he told me he had the whole bike painted with clear after airbrushing then PPG makes a chemical DX-685 that turns it from gloss to a flat, egg shell, or satin finish. It wasn't as matte as the original paint on my street bob but was alot duller than a normal clear coated bike. And from the spec sheet found at http://www.myrv10.com/N104CD/paint/p-162.pdf It looks like you can play with the mixture to acheieve the desired look.

Hope this helps
Ya thanks much for that pic! So it can be done, it just isn't going to be as easy as my bike. Aww maybe I will get him some Samson pipes instead

Old 11-04-2010, 08:48 PM
rmatt34
Road Master

Originally Posted by studiopeg
Ya thanks much for that pic! So it can be done, it just isn't going to be as easy as my bike. Aww maybe I will get him some Samson pipes instead

That's a great idea, airbrushing is a very personal thing (so even though he loves the three stooges, there is a chance he doesn't want them painted on his bike...)

Samsons are a very good idea though...

Old 11-04-2010, 08:53 PM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SudioPeg,

One thing is for sure. No matter what ends up happening here, your husband is one lucky guy. Every guy here wishes he had a wife or GF like you!

USMAMule

Old 11-04-2010, 09:00 PM
BeeRAD56
Road Warrior
Received 430 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by baldu
I believe all the denim colors do have a matte-finish clearcoat. I assume you could put the same kind of clearcoat on top of the stooges. It would be easy enough to test if you have access to the materials. I'd rather use a piece of scrap instead of my bike as a guinea pig.
+1 on the matte clearcoat for the black denim. I've been told the same by three reliable HD sources when researching touch up paint for my black denim SG.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:07 PM
rmatt34
Road Master

Originally Posted by USMAMule
SudioPeg,

One thing is for sure. No matter what ends up happening here, your husband is one lucky guy. Every guy here wishes he had a wife or GF like you!

USMAMule

AMEN !!!! It's cool to see a wife be so cool about the bike , especially mods ... they usually don't get that part at all..

What guy here hasn't heard this...? " You just paid twenty thousand dollars for that stupid thing, now you're gonna waste a bunch more money on stupid accessories !?!?!" (She says as she clutches her new 300 dollar Coach bag...)

Stay cool, he'll appreciate it !

Old 11-05-2010, 11:32 AM
studiopeg
Road Warrior
Received 63 Likes on 18 Posts

Aw shucks fellas

I have an 08 Deluxe and just bought HD hardbags and Cycle Visions Tail Bagger. I have to change my pipes (again) to accomodate the bags, so I am getting Samson True Duals. I figured my bike is going to be so loud compared to his Fat Bob stock pipes that I gotta do something cool for Hubby.

He's the one who said he would love the 3 Stooges airbrushed in b&w on his fender, but since that is going to be such a big deal I very casually asked him what he thought of these last night... and he dreamily said "someday..."

http://www.samsonusa.com/C2-221B.html

So I'm now conspiring with Nashua HD where our bikes are in storage for the winter. When he picks it up in Spring, he'll have a surprise. That night I'm sure I'll have something nice for me... bwaa haa haa

P.S. I never buy $300 Coach handbags... only $50 Harley purses, LOL

Quick Reply: Airbrushing on denim paint???