Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deutsch pin size

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 08:45 PM
customclimates
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your local dealer will be able to tell you. I just picked up a dozen when I replaced my headlight bucket. There about a buck each! Also I am going out on a limb but I think the actual pins are all the same size? I think the only difference is the number or pins in the connector.

Last edited by customclimates; 11-04-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:04 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Foodog
I rigged up a hot wire for my GPS connector and plugged into the deutsch plug under the seat of my 09 Low Rider. I got the plug from Auto Zone and you can find them on their web page. I don't have the paperwork but the metal piece that the plugs were on is stamped 16-18. I think it was just a 4 pin Deutsch plug.

edit: Just checked the Auto Zone site and I can't find the 4 pin connector but you might check your local Auto Zone store as they can have one next day.
Cool...thanks. I'm just gonna order the stuff as I need a few other things to gt it hooked up the way I want it without riggin it.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:07 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by customclimates
Your local dealer will be able to tell you. I just picked up a dozen when I replaced my headlight bucket. There about a buck each! Also I am going out on a limb but I think the actual pins are all the same size? I think the only difference is the number or pins in the connector.
No..I tried them already. Only thing they know is part numbers and I don't trust that I can find the right ones. There are about 4 different types of connectors not counting different pin configurations. Then there are about 4 different pin/socket sizes as well.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by craigffb
Cool...thanks. I'm just gonna order the stuff as I need a few other things to gt it hooked up the way I want it without riggin it.
Don't know what you're going to hook up, but as I recall 2 of the wires are accessory, one is lights (I think) and one is ground. Don't remember if both of the accessory wires are switched but at least one of them is. You can use a test light if you want to operate something with the ignition switch. I'm pretty much of a klutz in the mechanic department but it was a pretty straight forward setup and it works.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:50 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Foodog
Don't know what you're going to hook up, but as I recall 2 of the wires are accessory, one is lights (I think) and one is ground. Don't remember if both of the accessory wires are switched but at least one of them is. You can use a test light if you want to operate something with the ignition switch. I'm pretty much of a klutz in the mechanic department but it was a pretty straight forward setup and it works.
I'm gonna run the power for a LED plate bracket. I checked the wiring diagram and I'm all good on that end. Just need to get the plug and stuff now.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:26 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Wink

Don't have a parts list. Even if I have the part number for the pin I don't think the description would give the size. I'm gonna plug a LED plate bracket into it so I don't have to cut/tap any wires.
Having read the other replies, if you only want a few parts your local dealer can supply them. Obviously they have a parts list! These things are available from electrical stores and may be cheaper than from your Harley dealer, but they are not expensive wherever you get them. Getting them from a dealer ensures you have the correct size!

Old 11-05-2010, 02:38 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Army
Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts
Default Deutsch connector & pin info

Yes...it's a stock plug in the harness under the seat. If you lifted your seat and pulled it out it would be the only 4 pin rubber caped deutsch plug under there. DT04-4P is stamped on the plug. I'll take a pic and post it up when I get home. I know which plug receptacle to get just not sure what size sockets to get so it will plug up.
Searched Google for DT04-4P and found this:
http://www.pcsconnectors.com/dt04-4p.aspx
Deutsch DT04-4P receptacle connector

Mating connector: Deutsch DT06-4S Connector 4 cavity
http://www.pcsconnectors.com/DT06-4S.aspx

Pin size varies from male pin terminal size 14 - 14-/16 gauge (green band) and female socket terminal size 14 - 14/16 gauge

to male pin terminal size 16 16/18/20 gauge (no band) and female socket terminal size 16 - 16/18/20 gauge

My advice: open the Deutsch connector in the way it's shown by mud (IMO he used 16/18; check this image) and SC-Longhair and determine if there's a green band or not and you'll know what size to use.....

Edit: Did an additional search and found this:

My guess these connecters mate the connector we have on our Dyna's. Buy yourself the pins (less then USD 1,50) at your local dealer's and check them out....

Last edited by FXD2003Rider; 11-05-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:16 PM
tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what will you use for a crimpimg tool?

Old 11-05-2010, 03:57 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Thank for the info FXD2003Rider. I've got it all figured out now. Not getting them from Harley as I want to get a two pin plug as well and some wire loam and stuff. Plus the place I found on line is cheaper.

Originally Posted by tincup64
what will you use for a crimping tool?
I have a tool from making plug wires that should work. This will be a winter project so I have time to get it right.

In case anyone is wandering. This plug is a switched (on with ignition) and fused power source. 3 hot leads and 1 ground. At least on my 2010 it is.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:47 PM
Eric Schuelke
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harley Davidson uses Deutsch DT Series Electrical Connectors.

Key Features: • Accepts contact size 16 (13 amps) • 14-20 AWG • 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, and 12 cavity arrangements • In-line, fl ange, or PCB mount • Rectangular, thermoplastic housing • Integrated latch for mating • Wedgelocks assure contact alignment and retention

Here is a link to their product catalog:

https://cdn.wirecare.com/assets/pdfs...og-deutsch.pdf

Quick Reply: Deutsch pin size