Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

deuce wheel on dyna

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 07:14 PM
yoderjl
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default deuce wheel on dyna

anyone have a deuce wheel on there dyna? would like to see some pics.

Old 09-20-2006, 02:45 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: deuce wheel on dyna

Ordered the chrome deuce wheel for my 06 WG....in mid-july. Finally came in this week...having it installed on Sept 26. Will post pics when it's installed.

Todd

Old 09-20-2006, 10:48 AM
ameristo
Cruiser

I have the rear wheel from a 1200 custom. Very similar if not the same as the deuce wheel.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6102/9DF03E52BDF44875902C522B9A97EF61.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6102/867E2FA8E09E48BD9951FE485A20CB31.gif[/IMG]

Old 09-20-2006, 08:07 PM
yoderjl
Stage III

That wheel from the 1200 custom does look good! I am debating on whether or not to put a deuce whell on my 06 dyna wide glide. Can't wait to see the pics of the deuce wheel on one.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:09 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: yoderjl

That wheel from the 1200 custom does look good! I am debating on whether or not to put a deuce whell on my 06 dyna wide glide. Can't wait to see the pics of the deuce wheel on one.
Should only be another week or so....I really think the deuce wheel is gonna look good on my 06 WG...especially being that it's chromed out. I took a long time to decide on this, and the truth is, there are quite a few HD FX models that use the solid disc rear/lace front setup. Funny thing is, usually you see it with the softails and not the dynas. I've always thought it would look just as good on a Wide Glide.
I wanted a different wheel because I hate running a tube...especially in the rear. There were only a few options for 06 dynas in the 06 catalog...and I had always wished there was a solid disc wheel option. So when I first saw the 07 catalog, and there was a chromed deuce style wheel for dynas, I thought, this is exactly what I've been looking for. Not to mention, it's about 400 bucks cheaper than some of the other wheels I was considering (i.e. road winder, revolver)...bonus!!!
The best part about running a disc wheel in back is that it leaves you open to change in the front if you want to upgrade. You can leave it stock (laced), or you can select just about any other wheel and it will work just fine with a disc rear. This wouldn't work if you purchased, say a revolver wheel for the rear...now you're pretty much limited to a revolver up front. Anything else could look a little out of place. Same goes for any aftermarket wheels. With a rear disc, you can put just about anything up front, and it will look fine.
If you want to check out a pretty good picture of the wheel I just bought, check out the 07 HD P&A catalog. Near the back of the book, on the first page of the 'color shop' section, there's a deuce with an exotic paint set...that deuce is running the chrome deuce style wheel. I really like that HD is offering a chromed version of this wheel.
Like I said, I'll post pics as soon as I get it installed.

Todd