Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard bags for my Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010 | 08:01 AM
sinbadfxdl
|
Cruiser
Default Hard bags for my Dyna

Purchased two sets of bags from ebay. They weren't as cheap as I thought although new bags are a lot more. I like how others in this forum did theirs and hopefully it will look as good. I needed a winter project and here they are.

Old 10-29-2010 | 08:20 AM
tscreener
Tourer

Thinkin of doing the same, keep us posted. How bad was the price?

Old 10-29-2010 | 08:31 AM
sinbadfxdl
|
Cruiser

Man it was 150 each set plus shipping. Set me back 400 for both sets. I got two sets just in case family members like it and I will have a set ready to sell. Traveler has one of the best looking setups i've seen yet. It will take a while because i'm doing all the prep and paint my self. I will try to post pics on how I restore these. Good luck on your purchase. I just think it's crazy to pay over a grand for hard bags for my bike from hd. This project with turn sig. reloc. and ez brackets will only set me back about 700.00 because I already have the materials for body and paint. Good luck on yor purchase. I've seen these bags in good condition go for over 400.00

Last edited by sinbadfxdl; 10-29-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-29-2010 | 10:28 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Those do look pretty rough ... but, glad you were able to get what you need ....

I want a set of those 'suitcase' latches for mine ... the barrel-type key latches suck ....

R/
'Chop

Old 10-29-2010 | 10:31 AM
JRK5892
Banned

man i have got 4 sets now for under 50 bucks... when you are searching type in hard bags... then go though them, hell one set i got unde turn signals on a ebay search paid 38 shipped to my house in awesome shape! they where on a honda CB750 from the 70's... i did a full write up on mounting them if you need me to dig it up let me know... you have to make a inner plate to support and spread the weight... have a good one man! i love mine (also added a soft touch LED light inside there so at night i am not fumbling around! ha ha ha
and some fender fills... cuase i am **** and have to have stuff flow

Old 10-29-2010 | 10:53 AM
sinbadfxdl
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JRK5892
man i have got 4 sets now for under 50 bucks... when you are searching type in hard bags... then go though them, hell one set i got unde turn signals on a ebay search paid 38 shipped to my house in awesome shape! they where on a honda CB750 from the 70's... i did a full write up on mounting them if you need me to dig it up let me know... you have to make a inner plate to support and spread the weight... have a good one man! i love mine (also added a soft touch LED light inside there so at night i am not fumbling around! ha ha ha
and some fender fills... cuase i am **** and have to have stuff flow
Bids on these ran up quick. The price is still way better than new ones. your posts were the inspiration got to do this. thanx for your great contributions. I agree with Surfor chop on the latches, but marine hardware has a lot of types of latches for alterations. I may look into it.

Last edited by sinbadfxdl; 10-29-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-29-2010 | 02:55 PM
olddude48
Outstanding HDF Member

It doesn't matter what you paid as long as your happy! Do a good job and you'll have something to be proud of. Post up some pics of your progress as you go along.

Old 10-29-2010 | 03:00 PM
SteveinNKC
Advanced

I was a winter away from doing this myself, then took the lazy route and bought a Street Glide.

Old 10-29-2010 | 11:39 PM
sinbadfxdl
|
Cruiser

hope these work.

Last edited by sinbadfxdl; 10-29-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-30-2010 | 12:00 AM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Default buy quality

Harley's latest bags are molded plastic, not fiberglass. But these photos show bags which have had the life beat out of them. Why buy stuff in this condition?

Quick Reply: Hard bags for my Dyna