Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob or Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Ben.USMC
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Bob or Street Bob

OK I'm not looking to start any fights. I just want to hear different opinions. Fat Bob or Street Bob, love the look and feel of the Fat and never rode a Street but it does look simple and easier to modify. Bring it.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:21 PM
turbostang
Cruiser

I had a 2008 Street Bob but totaled it, and now I have an '11 Fat Bob. I loved the smaller feel and stance of the Street Bob, but the Fat Bob feels like it has more of a sure foot.

I got a Fat Bob instead of the Street Bob because of the front tire, and the dual front brakes. I also did a sort of cost analysis on the two, knowing that my wife would ride with me some time. That meant adding the passenger footpeg brackets and pegs, and a passenger seat to the Street Bob, but not the Fat Bob.

Also, the Fat Bob has just a little bigger tank. With the Street Bob, I could almost make it two trips to work and back, but now with the FXDF, I can make it until the next time I leave the house.

Also, I was a little frustrated with the whole integrated riser thing. Not a big deal, but the little things drive me crazy.

They're both easy as hell to wrench on. They share everything but the front end and the rear fender.

Either way, they're both a Dyna.

T.J.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Ben.USMC
Intermediate

Now, how do you compare the lean on the bars against your old apes. I like the bike line in your picture. I am a fan of apes and I have seen some Fat with apes but they are not common and never been able to compare. Higher apes though not the stock.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:21 PM
reissman
Cruiser

I think it really depends if you are going to be riding 2 up or not. I have a Fat Bob and added a sundowner seat and back rest for the wife. But, next year we are going to get a used EGC or SG and I want to keep the Fatbob for myself. In that case I would rather have the street bob for a cool looking bobber.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:59 PM
jb27
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had an '09 Fat Bob and I now have an '11 Street Bob. To me, the ride was fairly comparable. Really, its just a matter of preference between the two. I wasn't a big fan of the bobtail fender and I grew to hate the wheels that came on the Fat Bob. They looked good new but they were a chore to keep looking decent. I know the dual front brakes on the FB are a performance benefit, but I do like being able to see the wheel like you do with a single one.

The mini apes that came stock on the SB took a little getting used to, but after a few miles, they feel good. I'm planning on going with some taller apes over the winter.

Both are great bikes and I really don't think you can go wrong with either. Just comes down to what your personal tastes are.

Good luck with your decision. Spend some time at the dealer sitting on both and see which one feels the best. If they'll let you take them for a spin, do that.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:10 PM
bunkerbeer
Road Master

about 3 weeks after i got my 2008 street bob, i also got myself a 2009 fat bob. never liked it... the ride on the street bob was just more comfy...
Also, if you are a new rider the street bob is the easy choice... just feels more like a light bike to throw around the turns... and got more of the old school look...

Old 10-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Streetbob Bomber
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the Streetbob, due to its classic style. but if you can see if the factory will give you a test ride so you can get the feel for the two bikes, but it ultimately comes down to personal preference SB or FB its your choice, and they are both Dyna!

Old 10-29-2010, 05:01 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

IMO both bikes handle amazingly,it's gonna come down to the style you prefer.. I went from a 1200C to the fatbob and never looked back as far as handling i don't believe that will be an issue. There are plenty of aftermarket mods to empty your wallet with!

Old 10-29-2010, 05:18 AM
lukemc7
Cruiser

I think alot of people ask the same question, I know I did when I was looking for a bike. I just liked the old school look of the street bob and I cant get over how ugly the bob fender looks on any harley

Old 10-29-2010, 05:46 AM
hoops928
Tourer

I think it's a matter of which one you like best. I bought the 10 Fat Bob, liked the look of the front end with dual discs, 130 tire and drag bars, also at 6'3" need the forward controls. As mentioned the wheels are tough to keep clean, and the rear fender's not great, but over all it's a great ride.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob or Street Bob