Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob or Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 06:21 AM
patski
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an '08 SB that I adore! It handles great, it's comfortable as hell, and FAST! I love it's midcontrols and mini-apes: more comfy than you'd think.

I test rode a Fat Bob at a demo day recently, and I found that it was a bit of a smoother ride over an SB. I couldn't stand the forward controls, and for some reason, it vibrated like HELL in my ***, so I got off the bike with pins and needles in my rear! I did like the stock handlebars though, pretty comfy.

I got off the Fat Bob wondering what the fuss was about, honestly.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:37 AM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

The Fat Bob spoke to me, and when I rode one I was sold. I confess I just don't like the looks of a Street Bob, hate apes and mini-apes, and never considered one. For even a second. Road Glides tempt me, 48s tempt me (if I were just a bit shorter and leaner!), but not Street Bobs.

I've had the Fat Bob for three years in a few weeks, and it's been nothing but a pleasure for me. My bike of choice. I hope to keep it for years to come.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:29 PM
HBomb74
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

totally preference. Two of my buddies have street bobs and they love 'em. I really love my Fat Bob. You just don't see as many of them around here. I love the drag bars and the stock seat is comfy enough. I don't know why everyone talks crap about the rear fender. The Fat Bob has THE total styling package in my opinion.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Dooley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8,972 Likes on 1,475 Posts

I test road both back to back when I was ready to buy.
The Street Bob was cool, but the mid controls put my knees too high for my liking and I have short legs for my height.
The Fat Bob won hands down, more comfortable position (for me) and handled noticeably better .
The Fat Bob may be an acquired taste visually for some but I like the Bobtail fender fine and the dual headlights grow on you after a while, especially after you ride at night with them.
I like the styling of the Street Bob just fine but I enjoyed riding the Fat Bob way more.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:39 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It all comes down to if you want a man's bike or a womans? Big manly meaty front tire, or little pizza cutter front tire? Up to you. LOL.

Totally kidding. I rode both and just liked the FB more. Nothing wrong with either. I came from a sportbike background and the FB just felt more like a SB to me.

You can't go wrong with either. As long as it's denim black!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-29-2010, 10:52 PM
sully666
Advanced

All about preference I like old school so Street Bob for me

Old 10-29-2010, 11:08 PM
RDFXDF
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Both are cool bikes so go with what you like. I ride 2 up most of the time and the Fat Bob appealed to me so that was my choice. Can't go wrong either way.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:27 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Riding buddy bought a '09 Fat Bob. I liked the looks of it. I was riding a XV700 at the time. I sold my XV700, and went looking for a Harley. Was dead set on a souped up Iron 883 to 1200 with 10.5:1 and cams, headwork, etc. Dealer pissed me off with some SA comments.
I left, and he called me with a super deal on a Street Bob. I went to check it out, and it fit me good. I bought the Street Bob, and I could not be happier with it. I also liked the Super Glide. The Super Glide feels like a hybrid of a Street Bob/Fat Bob to me, but I like the mid controls with HWY pegs, and the solo seat. I like the bars with the Loner Industries 2" risers installed. I bought a Biker Friendly bag (Medium Large) for longer weekend trips, and the backrest and removable storage just fit the Street Bob perfect for me. Love me some DYNAs!
We trade off sometimes. He says good things about the SB, but I just can't get the hang of riding the Fat Bob. I feel I sit on the bike, and not in it like I do the Street Bob.

Last edited by editbrain; 10-29-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:05 AM
GoodKnight
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep in mind, most people dont leave their bikes stock. So if you bought the sb, but hate the mids, fwd's are easy to put on. Likewise, if you bought the fb, and want apes, those are easy to do to.

The more you mod the bike, the more it becomes yours. Personally, i like both. If i didnt have my sb, the fb would have been a close 2nd.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:28 AM
FenceSC
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Like just about everyone has said, it's a matter of what you like. I chose the SB because I like the looks more. Had them put forward controls on before it left with me. The choice is your to make.

Attached Thumbnails Fat Bob or Street Bob-001-2-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Fat Bob or Street Bob