Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paid to much?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 02:41 PM
AFHarley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paid to much?

I bought my bike from the overseas military "Specials", and the dealer where my bike is being delivered is acting like I paid to much... I paid $11,585.00... Did I?

Old 10-27-2010, 02:47 PM
mrtac2man
Cruiser

12999. show on harleys site..

Old 10-27-2010, 03:00 PM
chock
Novice

depends what all it has but sounds like a great deal to me probably that is a no haggle price right

Old 10-27-2010, 03:28 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Maybe, maybe not. Doesn't matter. If you're happy with it and like the bike, who cares. Enjoy it!

Old 10-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Streetbob Bomber
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like a fair price, next time or if you ever go threw military sales to purchase another bike, get a local dealer and the AFFES dealer to price match each other! Thats what i did when i got my 2010 FXDB, the fellow at military sales told me that AFFES WILL beat any price!!

Old 10-27-2010, 03:52 PM
dondee
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An awful lot depends on what additions went on top of that price. Harley dealers seem to me to be among the worst with this crap. Freight is standardized by the factory per model so OK, that's no issue. But setup? Baloney, the Moco pays them to do that. Just a WAG, probably 1.5 to 2 hours. Worst of all is the "Doc" fee. Around here it averages 450.00-500.00. It doesn't matter to me because I refuse to pay it. They have to charge it uniformly to one and all if they charge it at all, and as a retired auto dealer I understand that. But I'll wait until I've negotiated my best price, then when they try to add it in I'll tell them sure, but that will require another 450.00 discount. Someone always gives in.

It's instructive to note that all states now require the doc fee to be above the tax line. That ought to tell you something...

FWIW I just bought a new '11 Dyna Super Glide Custom in black, with the security option. I paid $12,983.87.00 for everything except my 6% state sales tax and a couple bucks for actual state title fee. I told 'em they could divide it up any way they wanted to, but it was either 13,800.00 turnkey out the door or I'd keep looking. This store was real nice, and although I didn't ask the sales guy said they made about a grand on this deal, where the average was around $2200.00. I was pleased with the deal, wasn't looking to steal one just be treated fairly.

By the way, I wound up with this new one because it was actually cheaper for me than nice 1 to 5 year old used ones! I can't believe they're getting some of these asking prices on used ones, but when they refuse to negotiate, maybe so. I was shocked at how much cheaper the new big twins are compared to my last purchase in 2003. At these prices it just didn't make sense to go used.

Last edited by dondee; 10-27-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:57 PM
FatBri
Advanced

sounds like an ok deal, maybe could have saved a few hundred, but as long as your happy ride on! ...if the dealer thinks you overpaid maybe he should offer a refund or price match or throw in some goodies, bet ya he will change his tune and tell you how great the deal is then.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:22 PM
dustinn3
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Sounds like you did alright to me. I was going to buy a new fat bob at Ruidoso this year, but couldn't make a deal. They were treating me so good as they said and giving me trade in value for my bike and only charging MRSP plus another $1k in fees, I decided to pass and saved $7k on a used one with 1500 miles.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Smitty79
Road Master

Sounds like a good deal to me. I agree that as long as you are happy with it that's all that matters.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:31 PM
rcreechssr
Advanced
Thumbs up Best Advice I've Ever Heard

Originally Posted by HD Street Bob
Maybe, maybe not. Doesn't matter. If you're happy with it and like the bike, who cares. Enjoy it!
That is probably some of the best advice I've ever heard concerning price. If you like the bike, price is unimportant.

Quick Reply: Paid to much?