Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

boy meets truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 10:44 AM
jakeryder
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ha ha i just upgraded from a streetglide to my superglide last year. the streetglide was nice but figgered there wasnt enough grey hairs on my head to be ridin a bagger. so i bought the superglide and put some performance and handling upgrades on it. 103 motor, ohlins rear suspension and gold valves on the front end, i had the bike almost to the point of having nothing left to do but spend money makin it faster and now i get to start again. i have an fxr frame and driveline, if i can heal up fast enough i might just build that for next year

Old 10-27-2010, 10:52 AM
Pagan48
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Speedy recovery to you. Much as I hate ém - get yourself an Attorney. Don't trust the insurance company - Yours or his.

ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

It figures......freakin' Chevy pickup truck....too slow to get out of your way!!!! J/K Heal up soon and find yourself a nice new ride with the insurance money.

joe1984
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear your ok bro! My family always busts my chops about riding. When you see this it makes my question why i do sometimes. But then i say to myself i can get in a car accident and pass, I can be walking to my car and get hit by a truck you just never know.

Ride Safe!

Old 10-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Punchsmack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear you'll recover. And no road rash.

Originally Posted by jakeryder
;;;and maybe a fullface helmet cuz suckin soup thru a straw just sucks
Yup, I wear a full face most of the time. I also have a Fulmer V2 3/4 that I wear around the city while running errands. I should really make the full face an "all of the time" helmet though.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:35 AM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad to hear that you are on the mend and seem to have come through MUSH better than I would ever thought based on the pictures of your bike and the truck.

I second the motion on getting a lawyer. This is not a simple property damage claim. You may suffer unforeseen pain and complications. The insurance company is going to want to write you a check and make the claim "final" as soon as they possibly can to avoid paying for any ongoing longer term liability for your injuries.

Heal up and here's hoping for you to find a sweet ride you can fall in love with and be out on the road with next spring. When you do, ride safe.

USMAMule

Old 10-27-2010, 11:37 AM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 176 Likes on 88 Posts

Definitely get a lawyer and don't talk to his insurance company. Hope they total your bike. They didn't total mine and after 5 months I still don't have it back.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:39 AM
mickey01
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh man that sucks, Makes my stomach turn when I see stuff like that. I'm glad you're on the road to recovery. Keep you're spirits up.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:22 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Here's another "Glad you're OK message". Like someone else said, every time we see a post like this it makes us question "Why" we ride. BUT, just like everything else in life, there are risks and rewards. The reward of riding and being "in the wind" and feeling totally free definitely outweighs the risk. Gotta love the comments from the Dr post earlier. He's probably never taken any kind of risk in his life.

Ride ON my friend and heal up fast...Godspeed.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:47 PM
runnhrd
Road Master
Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Well as always, sorry to hear about the crash but GLAD YOUR ALIVE TO TELL US!!!! Next time get a bagger,, they tend to look a second time before they pull out infront of me! Get well and Jack Black I hear makes the soup taste better!

Quick Reply: boy meets truck