Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna's with 103" builds...I'm joining the club!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 05:53 AM
jaredleibold
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by truckerdave
...Since you already have a PCV why not get the auto-tune modules? They give you a better "custom tune" than you would get from a dyno tuner.
That's a good point...I don't know anyone personally (as in have ridden with them, shook hands with them, etc) that has used an autotune but I'll get some good feedback on this and post results if I do it.
I have quite a bit of questions around how autotune will work. I would think I'd need to wait until the motor is broke in good so I can get it to take readings at WOT, etc.
More research...

Old 10-28-2010, 06:24 AM
AZFXDB
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by domenicp7
You still have not explained "garbage" and did I get your handle wrong and you are a "genius" give the OP some information they can use not a general opinion with no back up. eg. I installed them and they attracted the local garbage collector could not get rid of the collector until I uninstalled them.
dude asked for opinions....i gave mine. whats the problem? i think SE cams are fkn trash. just a mild improvement over stock and another way the MOCO makes dough. take the advice or leave it, i really dont give a ****

Old 10-28-2010, 09:23 AM
junior07
Road Master
Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

i have the 103, and the Andrews cams. I have not done any headwork and I am only running with Vance & Hynes slip ons, but the power difference was immense. I am pullin 104 ft# of tq, and 92 horses. Next spring i am considering the head work, and probably going with V&H big radius 2 into 2.

no matter what your choice of cams, I am sure you will love the power difference.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:18 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jaredleibold
That's a good point...I don't know anyone personally (as in have ridden with them, shook hands with them, etc) that has used an autotune but I'll get some good feedback on this and post results if I do it.
I have quite a bit of questions around how autotune will work. I would think I'd need to wait until the motor is broke in good so I can get it to take readings at WOT, etc.
More research...
There is a lot of info on the PCV & auto tune in the touring section. I put one in my bike with a map from Fuel Moto (site sponsor) when my SE 255 cams (TQ monsters!) were installed (96", SE A/C, Rinehart TD's, SE 255 cams & PC-V w/A-T). The bike runs GREAT! After a couple hundred miles of letting the auto tune do it's thing, this big bike will damn near lift the tire in secoend gear with my old fat a$$ on it! Canned map, Auto Tune, NEVER been on a dyno! If you already have the PC-V, invest in the Auto Tune, you won't be sorry. You can still decent mileage out of a built motor or even just a motor with cams, it's all in how YOU control your right wrist!

Good luck with your build!

Originally Posted by junior07
i have the 103, and the Andrews cams. I have not done any headwork and I am only running with Vance & Hynes slip ons, but the power difference was immense. I am pullin 104 ft# of tq, and 92 horses. Next spring i am considering the head work, and probably going with V&H big radius 2 into 2.

no matter what your choice of cams, I am sure you will love the power difference.

What Andrews cams are you running? I'm looking at a 103" build and thinking Andrews 54H, as the SE 255 will not like the added compression.
Thanks, Dave