Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference between 80493-07 and 80678-08 SE slipons?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 09:07 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by BM05FLHT
funny how that works isnt it, since the dealer put V&H with no baffles or catalyst on mine before I bought it
Yeah, mine did the entire Stage 1 kit at my 1000 mile service. With EPA dyno tune of course.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Not up on ALL the EPA nonsense, but I do know that (down here anyway) it's illegal to just shoot some freeze-tone into an A/C compressor without first repairing it. It's also illegal to remove and not replace a catalytic converter on a car. My buddy's repair shop, the border has to be surrounded by a drain field to catch coolant, waste oil, etc.

There's so much BS with the EPA, and there's so many ways to get around them -- I can't keep up. Even if I wanted to, which I don't. But, as usual, the Government concentrates on the bigger targets, the ones that do business across State lines and Internationally and have billions of dollars to pay fines with -- Like the MoCo.

I'm not running cats on one of my cars and if I ever get busted for it, I'm calling the H-Pipe a "Test Pipe". But I can plead ignorance (which is entirely plausible) where a big, giant Company like the MoCo can't.

Also, Dealers are Independently owned Franchises. They're not owned by the MoCo.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:28 AM
TopKat
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awhile back I went to my dealer and had them bring out both models so I could check them out. Yes, all '10 dynas (maybe earlyer too) have the cat built into the stock muffler (softails & dressers have them in the headers). The 50 state muffler has a cat. but the cells/honeycomb look a little more open than the stock muffler. Of course the 49 state version has no cat. As long as the head pipe O.D. is compatible with any mufflers inlet I.D. then you can use whatever your conscience will allow.

P.S. I noticed that in the S.E. catalog it has that little ca state symbol on the 49 state but in the main catalog it doesnt.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:34 AM
dondee
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TopKat
Awhile back I went to my dealer and had them bring out both models so I could check them out. Yes, all '10 dynas (maybe earlyer too) have the cat built into the stock muffler (softails & dressers have them in the headers). The 50 state muffler has a cat. but the cells/honeycomb look a little more open than the stock muffler. Of course the 49 state version has no cat. As long as the head pipe O.D. is compatible with any mufflers inlet I.D. then you can use whatever your conscience will allow.

P.S. I noticed that in the S.E. catalog it has that little ca state symbol on the 49 state but in the main catalog it doesnt.
All the '10 Dynas have cats in the mufflers or just the 50 state version?

Old 10-26-2010, 09:47 AM
TopKat
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should have been more clear. The S.E. 50 state mufflers have a cat.
Living in CA I can only assume that all '10 dynas in all states have a
cat in the stock muffler too. Can anyone verify this?

Old 10-26-2010, 09:59 AM
BM05FLHT
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Missouri bike has them, built at plant 20 miles from my dealer..........

Old 10-26-2010, 10:11 AM
dondee
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again, just what the Rush guy told me, but he said definitively that most of the 49 state '10-'11 Dynas did not have a cat anywhere, only one or two models that didn't exist before 2006. I think he mentioned the WG and one other, but I could be wrong about which specific model(s). I just wanted to hear that my '11 Super Glide did not have them.

He sounded like he knew his stuff, but then...

Old 10-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My 2010 FXDC had catalytic converters in the muffler body.

I think it's this 'catalyst' required by CARB that has a lot of people (including me) confused.

My understanding is that it's quite a bit different from the other 49 States.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:23 AM
BM05FLHT
Road Master

Originally Posted by dondee
Again, just what the Rush guy told me, but he said definitively that most of the 49 state '10-'11 Dynas did not have a cat anywhere, only one or two models that didn't exist before 2006. I think he mentioned the WG and one other, but I could be wrong about which specific model(s). I just wanted to hear that my '11 Super Glide did not have them.

He sounded like he knew his stuff, but then...
It's in there.......... 49 state model 2010 Super Glide (wife's bike), saw it with my own two eyes lol

Old 10-26-2010, 10:30 AM
BM05FLHT
Road Master

**sent a text to a friend of mine who works at the plant, I will see if he can answer for sure, he usually is on the Vrod line but I imagine he can find out........

Quick Reply: Difference between 80493-07 and 80678-08 SE slipons?