Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues After Dropping Dyna super glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010 | 08:44 AM
Grendel4
Banned

Check for exhaust leaks, especially at the header/exhaust port connection. Very possible that got jarred loose on the drop.

Old 10-26-2010 | 08:59 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

1. Replace the brake lever.
2. Start the bike cold and hold a rag over each exhaust tip and see if you have an any exhaust leaks.
3. If the air cleaner contacted pavement then inspect inside as well.
4. Buy and install an engine guard at least until your skill level increases on the bike.
5. Get a "ride like a pro" dvd and watch it. You need to keep the bike in the friction zone with the clutch and only use the rear brake at low speed.

Find the dvd here: http://www.ridelikeapro.com/

Last edited by KBFXDLI; 10-26-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-26-2010 | 09:27 AM
nigelgeast
Road Captain

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
1. Replace the brake lever.
2. Start the bike cold and hold a rag over each exhaust tip and see if you have an any exhaust leaks.
3. If the air cleaner contacted pavement then inspect inside as well.
4. Buy and install an engine guard at least until your skill level increases on the bike.
5. Get a "ride like a pro" dvd and watch it. You need to keep the bike in the friction zone with the clutch and only use the rear brake at low speed.

Find the dvd here: http://www.ridelikeapro.com/
icon_that:

All the above is good advice:

Old 10-27-2010 | 12:17 PM
orin
|
Intermediate

I can see that my instincts to share this with you all on this forum was the right one! I appreciate the advice & guidance - all were very very helpful!

Bike is at the shop now, theyre giving it a thorough look over, and will install engine guards (glossy black, to match the black frame) as per the recommendations above while they're at it.

The pipes have holes cut out on them "silencer" style, and they think that maybe the heat escaping from the holes plus my jeans flapping in the wind might have resulted in the burn. They will test the engine & pipes and if necessary tape it up. And no, my jeans arent 70s style bellbottoms, lol. The jeans arent even boot-cut style jeans!

Ill be getting that DVD too - ive already found the information on their website helpful, and appreciate the tip

Old 10-27-2010 | 12:51 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member

BTW, your ego will live....it's all part of the game. Everybody drops their bike sooner or later. I have done much worse jerking off to impress girls with my riding finesse. LOL