Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windvest and associated thoughts...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 07:18 PM
NYdyna
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windvest and associated thoughts...

well after a smooth dealing with BoomerBob anothe HDforum members I installed my windvest on the dyna and went for 100 mile ride. It definately does stop all the wind pressure from your upper body. However I found my head bobbing more than usual and my eyes trying to adjust looking do far ahead beacuse I didnt like looking through the clear shield.

That being said, I want to hear your take, pros and cons of either side. Bottom line I will make the decision of whether I ride with or without the windvest but I'd like to hear other people"s experiences.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:09 PM
slomotion
Cruiser

I have my windscreen set so that I look just over the top edge. It cuts the wind and rain without interfering with my vision. Even in rain the wind flows over my helmet, rather than in my face.
If you can. try playing with different angles and heights.

Old 10-24-2010, 10:33 PM
thealaskan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What he said, I ran a WV on my FXR for years, never a need to look to through it once you get it adjusted right. You can drop it probably a couple inches below your line of sight and it still works.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:52 AM
NYdyna
Cruiser

thnaks guys, going to adjust later this afternoon and see how it feels

Old 10-25-2010, 08:47 AM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer

I never could get rid of the buffeting on any of my bikes with a windscreen. (this includes a BMW R1150 RT FWIW). I found the solution for me was a smaller windscreen. I noticed on my Ducati that wind was never a problem. So, I ordered a 9" summer screen from Cee Baileys and it cured the problem of buffeting. HOWEVER, if you go this route, the screen will only block the air on your torso, so if you wear a beanie or open face helmet, you'll still get air directly on your helmet, but basically the same you'd get if you didn't have any screen. It will keep the air off your chest, so it definitely reduces rider fatigue, and that's what I was looking for.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:52 AM
Fixintu
Cruiser

I have the WindVest and have it adjusted so I see right over the top of it. I liked the WindVest look over the larger Harley screens as I didn't really want to have a shield on the bike but for daily commuting I needed to take the blast off of my upper body. It does a good job considering how small it is.