Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

learning to drive with a new Fat Bob ... daunting?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 03:36 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on the new bike! Watch the leaves. Very slippery when wet.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:20 PM
iamrockinrich
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here! A month and a half ago I bought My first bike EVER, a 1998 Super glide. Everyone asked me if it was too big for my first bike. I won't ride anything but a harley and I didn't want a sportster. I found this in my price range and bought it. I would have never had the nerve to test drive it if I didn't take the riders safety course first. Taught me a lot. Then I rode a round the neighborhood untill I got up enough nerve to go out on larger streets. Now I go down the fwy and went on my first poker run. Still won't split lanes though. I am not in any hurry when I am riding my Harley. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by BareKnuckleBobber
I was in the same situation a few months ago. I had never been anything other than a dirtbike my entire life. On a whim I went to my Harley dealer on one of the ride days...Thats when I drove my first street bob...fell in love with the styling, sound, and power...however was this the right bike to purchase as my first cruiser?! I was anxious...a bit afraid of it to be honest. I took a class on basic riding skills from MSF..and we rode tiny honda rebels.....However, the skills I learned from that class helped me have confidence in accepting my driving abilities. I am by no means professional, or a veteran rider. However I have been riding my bike all over, and when I get an opportunity I find myself doing driving drills like I did in the MSF class using my own bike. Now I can do figure 8s all day long. 3000 miles of riding, two rain storms, a hail storm, and some of the best moments I have had thus far in my life. Im glad I learned to ride on a big bike....If you learn how to ride a big bike, you can ride anything else below it! So get in a class, and practice. Good luck and ride safe!

Old 11-01-2010, 06:25 PM
OldSalt
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great bike. Bought mine 6 months ago - sight unseen. Never rode before either. Best decision I could have made for a first bike. Have fun with it and be safe out there.