Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 SB cheap mods w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 03:40 PM
crapr6
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73
The wife and I are about the same weight! I turned mine up two notches. We have done many rides at that setting and she has never complained about the feel, course I don't ride as aggressive with her on the back ( I ride slower, so I see the bumps and holes soon enough to avoid them). Things are different when I ride and it now shows, i hit a hole at around 80 and I felt it.the bleed nipple on the rear caliper hit my fender and dinged, nothing bad though. I email burly to get some info on the premise settings, if I get anything back I will post it.
Over all I love the shocks look and fill. I wouldn't trade them for anything,except maybe a Street Glide, lol!!
Thanks and I just set the shocks to the middle setting but didnt ride it yet. Let me know if you hear back from Burly!

Originally Posted by parts eeter
Looks good, now you need to drop the fork legs in the trees about 3/4 inch to level the frame rails. Or get the progressive standard non drop in lowering kit. that bike is turnin out real good. Sell your 2 up seat and never mind what the girlie says...
I think iam going to order the drop in front fork springs to drop the front. She gets mad at me when I take the passenger seat off (I dont like the way it looks with the passenger seat on). I tell her hey just think about it..with no passenger seat on there that is one less way of me picking up another girl..

Old 11-20-2010, 08:46 AM
darren1374
Intermediate

awesome info, thanks for posting.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Irishspringer68
Intermediate

Really, Really good post!

Thanks for all your effort and work, You saved a lot of time, headaches and money for alot of people. Well documented post.

Your ol' lady will get over it, they always do!

Old 12-15-2010, 08:09 PM
crapr6
Advanced

Thanks guys, now it just sits in the garage under a cover..its a little cold here in NJ

Old 09-16-2019, 04:05 AM
Soeren
Intermediate

Originally Posted by crapr6
Update,
Well there goes putting off the install of the Cross Bones rim. I mocked up the rim only tonight to get the spacers milled down to the correct thickness and get the rim centered in the swingarm/fender. I knew that I was only going to mill down the spacer on the belt side since you do not want to remove anything from the brake caliper side. The reason you do not want to remove anything from the brake caliper side spacer is the rotor will be pulled closer to the brake caliper bracket and will not be centered in it.

This is the stock rim with the stock spacers...

Here I measured out .400 to mill off the spacer for the belt sprocket side.

Spacer installed..

The rim is now centered in the fender..

Only issue is with the rim being centered in the fender the sprocket is now to close to the swing arm and the belt is against the inner primary cover..

I will most likely mill down the sprocket now on the inside edge where it sits flat against the rim's hub. Iam not doing this until I have a tire mounted and know how much I can mill off the sprocket with out the sprocket getting to close to the tire.

Iam going to grab a tire and tube tomm and install them and if I have time i'll mount the rim/tire up in the bike to see how much I can remove from the sprocket...
Erik

Hi did you remove the pics ??? I cant see them , they are all fuzzy .

I about to do the same mod on my back wheel . So your pics would help a great deal

Old 09-19-2019, 12:40 PM
NMU
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This thread is awesome. I want a larger tired on the rear of my 98 Dyna. I had a 200 rear on my Honda Fury and loved it, no performance issues at all. My buddy even had a 250 on his and I didnt notice much of a turn in difference on that either. This 130 rear is just way to small.

Old 09-21-2019, 08:37 AM
Tomahawk309
Tourer
Received 122 Likes on 72 Posts

The thread is 10 years old. I'm sure that's why pics are missing.

Old 09-23-2019, 01:56 PM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,753 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Originally Posted by crapr6
Your right, I was thinking of installing a small LED white light on the top of the plate to shed some light on it.
You could always add those plate bolts that have LEDs in them to light it up, and tie into the running light circuit. That's probably what I would do, because you can pick those up for only a buck or two for a pair.