Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 SB cheap mods w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 07:17 AM
crapr6
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
I would use one small round HD mirror mounted upside down on the left side. Use a acorn or spike nut to dress up the protruding stud on top of your control. That strut trick did you right.. Lookin killer so far. I dont run any mirrors but some jackwad blew by me on a red light while I was sittin at an intersection with my girl on the back a couple nights ago. I was so pissed. If I had a mirror I would have ran the light to attempt control of the situation. The dude pulled into the store at the next block. Needless to say he and I had a little talk and I am thinking mirrors again.
Thats a good idea. I think one mirror upside down will look good. I use to run no mirros on my street bike since it looked so clean but I never like not know what was going on behind me and sitting at a red light and wondering if anybody is coming up behind me and going to plow into me. Iam going to look into a black single mirror...

Old 10-31-2010, 08:05 PM
crapr6
Advanced

Took the street bob for a quick blast today and it seems like all is good with the 200mm tire. Iam not sure if its just me but the bike seems to lean into turns much nicer now. The belt seems to not be wearing and no rubbing of the tire. I'll have to see how it all looks after a long ride.
Erik

Old 10-31-2010, 08:33 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You arent going to have any belt wear issues. It is centered properly.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:38 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Crapr6

When you spread apart the struts, did you spread the fender too, or just pull them in with the bolts?

Old 11-01-2010, 08:47 AM
crapr6
Advanced

Originally Posted by parts eeter
You arent going to have any belt wear issues. It is centered properly.
Thanks, and Iam starting to think the same thing. if it was going to have an issue I still have plenty of room to mill the back side of the sprocket still.
Originally Posted by BlockHead96
Crapr6

When you spread apart the struts, did you spread the fender too, or just pull them in with the bolts?
I just spread the struts then bolted the fender back on. The fender is thin and kinda spread out when bolted back up. I think it will not rub but only time and miles will tell and my girl sitting on the back also

Old 11-02-2010, 07:37 PM
crapr6
Advanced

I just installed the rear Burly 10.5 Black shocks on the SB tonight and dam is it low!
Here are a bunch of before (stock shocks) pictures.

And then the after (burly shocks) pictures

You can see my girl friend in the back ground..she is walking away a little pissed after she just seen how low it is..

So with that being said, I set them to the middle setting on the preload. Iam about 190lbs and she is about 110lbs. Iam not to concerned with how it will ride with just me on it but once we are 2 up how will it ride? Should I just go right to the stiffest setting on the preload? It seems like there is some room for tire clearance still

Old 11-02-2010, 07:50 PM
DirtNap
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks right!!,,,Nice work,,

Old 11-02-2010, 08:44 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

The wife and I are about the same weight! I turned mine up two notches. We have done many rides at that setting and she has never complained about the feel, course I don't ride as aggressive with her on the back ( I ride slower, so I see the bumps and holes soon enough to avoid them). Things are different when I ride and it now shows, i hit a hole at around 80 and I felt it.the bleed nipple on the rear caliper hit my fender and dinged, nothing bad though. I email burly to get some info on the premise settings, if I get anything back I will post it.
Over all I love the shocks look and fill. I wouldn't trade them for anything,except maybe a Street Glide, lol!!

Old 11-02-2010, 09:06 PM
fxdx-fly-by
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

those bolt lights have wires that look dumb running down the plate...get some led strips from autozone their 20 buck and have 6 led lights on them you can cut the ones i got and mount it under the battery box will light it up all nice and good like and the wires are hidden under their and the light is hidden...just my .02

Old 11-02-2010, 10:21 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good, now you need to drop the fork legs in the trees about 3/4 inch to level the frame rails. Or get the progressive standard non drop in lowering kit. that bike is turnin out real good. Sell your 2 up seat and never mind what the girlie says...

Quick Reply: 2010 SB cheap mods w/pics