Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 SB cheap mods w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 02:07 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by crapr6
I could have done it that way but I just "eye balled" it and got it close enought. I just didn't want to take to much off and then destroy a brand new sprocket.
Gottcha! Just keep an eye on your belt wear on the outer edges, you'll know soon enough if the alignment is OK. Look great, keep up the good work.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:14 PM
ADCD875
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a GREAT thread and great information for people who want to do the 200mm rear tire upgrade on their late model StreetBobs (like myself). crapr6, I appreciate all discovery work, pictures and precise information you have provided.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Sumpnut
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ADCD875
This is a GREAT thread and great information for people who want to do the 200mm rear tire upgrade on their late model StreetBobs (like myself). crapr6, I appreciate all discovery work, pictures and precise information you have provided.
Should work for all '06 SB's and up with a few minimal changes here and there..

Old 10-28-2010, 05:27 PM
SK'sHD
Intermediate

Very very nice. I was going to go up to a 180 when I needed a new tire, but now I think I might just go to a 200. Great job!

Old 10-28-2010, 05:29 PM
SK'sHD
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SK'sHD
Very very nice. I was going to go up to a 180 when I needed a new tire, but now I think I might just go to a 200. Great job!
I want to change my front tire too.... 21".

Old 10-28-2010, 07:57 PM
crapr6
Advanced

Originally Posted by BlockHead96
Gottcha! Just keep an eye on your belt wear on the outer edges, you'll know soon enough if the alignment is OK. Look great, keep up the good work.
Thanks! I will deff keep an eye on the belt but it should be ok i hope
Originally Posted by ADCD875
No problem man. I did alot of searching on here and there is a few thread about this already but nothing to the detail of what needs to be cut, shimmed, how much,etc so I just wanted to make it clear what it will take for the SB owners out there what is needed to fit a 200.
Originally Posted by SK'sHD
I was going to do the 180 tire also but I found a deal on a Cross Bones rim on ebay and figured I try out a 200 tire on the bike.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:59 PM
crapr6
Advanced

Iam going out tonight to remove the fender, bottle jack the struts and see if I can get a weee bit more clearance out of her.
Will report back later.
Erik

Old 10-28-2010, 11:33 PM
crapr6
Advanced

Went out tonight and used a big old bottle jack to spread the struts and it help big time.

First is the stock width of the struts 8 1/2in

This just dosn't look right....

Spread them out to about 11in

They rebound to about 9in

I cut those little end flairs off also and everything clears now with no cutting of the bolt head (which I might still do)

Now that the rear is done iam going to relocate and paint the blinks and do something with the mirrors. Iam not sure what iam doing about the mirrors..any ideas...

I love how clean it looks now up at the handle bars..maybe no mirrors?

Old 10-29-2010, 12:01 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would use one small round HD mirror mounted upside down on the left side. Use a acorn or spike nut to dress up the protruding stud on top of your control. That strut trick did you right.. Lookin killer so far. I dont run any mirrors but some jackwad blew by me on a red light while I was sittin at an intersection with my girl on the back a couple nights ago. I was so pissed. If I had a mirror I would have ran the light to attempt control of the situation. The dude pulled into the store at the next block. Needless to say he and I had a little talk and I am thinking mirrors again.

Last edited by parts eeter; 10-29-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:26 AM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
I would use one small round HD mirror mounted upside down on the left side. Use a acorn or spike nut to dress up the protruding stud on top of your control. That strut trick did you right.. Lookin killer so far. I dont run any mirrors but some jackwad blew by me on a red light while I was sittin at an intersection with my girl on the back a couple nights ago. I was so pissed. If I had a mirror I would have ran the light to attempt control of the situation. The dude pulled into the store at the next block. Needless to say he and I had a little talk and I am thinking mirrors again.

I like this idea ( small round mirror, mounted the PE states).

I plan to do this. I have black stock HD mirrors off a '10 WG on mine now, love the clean look without mirrors or sigs myself.

Quick Reply: 2010 SB cheap mods w/pics