Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 SB cheap mods w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 04:26 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i rock a HF table too they are really nice!!! had to make a block on the end of it so that i cna get lowered dynas on it without scraping... but it was really easy to do!

Old 10-27-2010, 08:44 PM
crapr6
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATA.
Removed .250 off the sprocket and it looks good! Installed the wheel and the belt has plenty of room from the tire and inside the primary and dosn't ride on the outside edge of the pulley anymore. The sprocket is now clearing the swingarm also. Here are pics.

This is the sprocket with out removing anything.

Now .250 milled off of the sprocket.

This is a before and after...
Stock wheel/tire set up (17x4.5 rim and 160mm tire)

Cross Bones rim and tire (17x6 rim and 200mm tire)

Its tought to see but the belt is now riding on the pulley better.

There is one problem! The tire is TIGHT in the fender now. Iam going to see if I can run the blinks wires up and out of the way but iam starting to think iam going to have to cut the struts and relocated the blinks now...

Old 10-27-2010, 08:50 PM
crapr6
Advanced

Originally Posted by lhgdale
I would like some info on how you mounted the tag behind the primary? Thanks

Keep us posted, I love progress threads with tons of pics!
Since I didnt snap any pics while making the plate relocator its kinda hard to see it, but i'll try to explain it to yea.
I took the stock bolt out of the primary and replaced it with a 1/4x20 stud about 3in long. I put a nut on the outside to tighting the primary cover back up and then used a nut on the back side also to tighting the little bracket I made up. I used the stock plate holder and just made a 90 degree bracket off that. It looks like the plate will make it a pain in the a$$ to get to the kick stand so iam not sure if iam keeping the plate there of just extend the kickstand lever.

Pics

Old 10-27-2010, 11:10 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You need these brackets and bolts. Bracket Pt#59514-06 (qty2)
Bolt pt # 4592 (qty2)
These were the brackets that were given with the SE180 kit and I have used them on mine. Many others have as well. It extends the point of which the wires come out and the lower profile bolts give you a few mm on each side extra.
The other guy who did this wheel said he bent the struts out approx 1/4 inch on each side which gave him additional clearance as well. I wouldnt cut the struts unless thats what you really want to do,but its definitely not required for that setup. Worse case scenario you can sell that tire and use a 180 or 190 tire. I found some cool Shinko tires for like 90 bux and we had good luck with that brand on our race bikes. But I dont think this will be the case. the bracket/bolt combo and maybe some tweaking the strut action and you all set.

Last edited by parts eeter; 10-27-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:24 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

pics of brackets. Can you post a side view of your bike with that wheel on it?

Attached Thumbnails 2010 SB cheap mods w/pics-brackets-001.jpg   2010 SB cheap mods w/pics-brackets-002.jpg   2010 SB cheap mods w/pics-brackets-003.jpg   2010 SB cheap mods w/pics-brackets-004.jpg  
Old 10-27-2010, 11:40 PM
crapr6
Advanced

Originally Posted by parts eeter
pics of brackets. Can you post a side view of your bike with that wheel on it?
I went back out and looked at it for a while. I was able to reroute the blinker wires so thats not an issue anymore, but i also need to do something about the blinker bolts. So I think if I get some button headed bolts that will help out. I dont need much for clearance so I think if I do the diffrent bolts it will work. I do want to keep the struts for now so Iam going to do my best to make it fit.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:45 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Before I got my new brackets and bolts I hammered the bulge flat on the brackets and ground the head of the bolts down to 3mm thick. That will get you going immediately since you already routed the wires. That is looking nice. Are you gonna do a 21 front rim?

Old 10-28-2010, 11:37 AM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by crapr6
I came up with removing .250 off the inside of the sprocket last night. I think with removing that it will make the belt clear the inside of the primary cover and the sprocket will clear the swingarm. If it isn't enough I can always remove more. I'll mill it down tonight and probably get it together late tonight..
Erik

If you have a way to find the dimensional width of the Cross Bones hub, from outer hub to outer hub and the dimensions of your stock hub you were using, I would think you could remove that difference on the sprocket to attain proper alignment of the belt. This would would also give the clearance you need.
Also, I would lose the inside fender strut plate for the flat ones Harley has, both ends of the new strut plates have the flush nutserts welded on so there is no protrusion into the tire area.
This is a killer project with all your documentation along the way. Your letting Dyna owners know 200 tire is possible without changing the swing arm!

Old 10-28-2010, 12:57 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

The builder has already completed the said modifications.

Last edited by parts eeter; 10-28-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:35 PM
crapr6
Advanced

Originally Posted by parts eeter
Before I got my new brackets and bolts I hammered the bulge flat on the brackets and ground the head of the bolts down to 3mm thick. That will get you going immediately since you already routed the wires. That is looking nice. Are you gonna do a 21 front rim?
Thank you for the info. I plan on removing the inside brackets and cutting that stuip little bulge off and going to the hardware store and find some nice thin headed cap bolts. If I can't find the needed bolts i'll do what you recommend and grind some off the heads of the stock bolts. I might even just pull the fender and put a bottle jack between the struts to get just a little more clearance back there.
Iam not sure if i wantr to do a 21in frt wheel yet..thats something I need to think abaout.
Originally Posted by BlockHead96
If you have a way to find the dimensional width of the Cross Bones hub, from outer hub to outer hub and the dimensions of your stock hub you were using, I would think you could remove that difference on the sprocket to attain proper alignment of the belt. This would would also give the clearance you need.
Also, I would lose the inside fender strut plate for the flat ones Harley has, both ends of the new strut plates have the flush nutserts welded on so there is no protrusion into the tire area.
This is a killer project with all your documentation along the way. Your letting Dyna owners know 200 tire is possible without changing the swing arm!
I could have done it that way but I just "eye balled" it and got it close enought. I just didn't want to take to much off and then destroy a brand new sprocket.

Quick Reply: 2010 SB cheap mods w/pics