Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 SB cheap mods w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 06:20 PM
crapr6
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyBobber
I did a mount myself too, and I dont have a light on the plate. I suppose I should probably do something up as well. lol. But I probably wont.
I figured that the plate is tucked away that it will be hard enought to see from the back. I might just fab up some kinda light.

Originally Posted by bhough
What did you use to remove the remove decals?
Heat gun, get the decals nice and hot and they just peel right off with no glue left behind!

Originally Posted by Vinsil
If you want to keep it simple and clean, you can add a few of the LED bolts for the plate...like these:

http://www.customdynamics.com/licenseplates_index.htm

Just scroll down a bit, they are the first product.
Thanks for the link, ill take a peek at them.

Erik

Old 10-24-2010, 10:47 PM
crapr6
Advanced

Finished up the little project I started.

First I stopped by Harbor Freight and picked up the lift table p/n 91764 and the front tire stand p/n 96349 since I plan on doing the 200mm tire over the winter this table will come in handy.
The lift table is really not a bad peice at all, just take the front wheel stop and vice that comes with it and throw it in the trash and bolt on the front tire stand I listed..much better at holding the bike.

This is what I did with the rear brake light and blinkers. Cut off the plate bracket and painted everything black.

The bike on the table with the lights bolted back up. Looks good for now untill I hack the rear fender and get the 200mm tire under it.

This is the 2009 Cross Bones rim Iam using to do the 200mm tire on the Street Bob. This is a project that will happen in a month or so.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:17 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been wanting that table for a while, did you wait for the coupons? I thought about just building my own wheel chock but that one looks pretty decent, what was the price if you don't mind me asking?

Looking forward to the CB wheel mod, my pops is wanting a 200mm on his WG and I mentioned hearing that people are using those take off wheels to do it, be interesting to see what you need to do it. Thanks for sharing.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:39 AM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't have a light over my plate either, but it's pretty much under my left light, so you can see the plate (in red).

Was also wanting that lift. Let us know how it works for you.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:34 AM
952dave
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Curious George
hey awesome looking bike, I have an 04 fxd with the aluminum mag wheels and im looking for spoked wheels like the ones you have. so when you do end up getting the other wheels pm me and maybe we can work something out if your wanting to sell them.
Thanks,
Your bike has different size axels than his bike so the wheels wouldnt work on your bike without changing the bearings.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:45 AM
BOOMER76
Advanced

bump for a great project on the go... love the Street Bob's...

Old 10-25-2010, 01:12 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by 952dave
Your bike has different size axels than his bike so the wheels wouldnt work on your bike without changing the bearings.
I had an 06' sporty and a buddy of mine had a early 2000's model I believe, we swap rear wheels. He had spokes and I had mag, we swapped. Because of the different axel sizes on the two rims I had to bore out the spoked rim to fit the 1" axel into the rim, we both had to get new bearings put in. He need to go down size to 3/4" and I needed to go up to 1". After all said and done everything worked great.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:23 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

i want info on the crossbones wheel is it bolt on or do you need spacers?

Old 10-25-2010, 06:01 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member

Have to ask the dumb girl question. How did you paint those signals and tail light? You did a great job on them. I hope you're planning on doing the front sigs, too.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:07 PM
hddan502
Road Master

Originally Posted by crapr6
Your right, I was thinking of installing a small LED white light on the top of the plate to shed some light on it.
Here is another suggestion, it is very bright. My tail light burned out on way to work, and my buddy about half mile plus back could see it now problem. I just double side taped it to plate frame, has worked flawlessly for 2 plus seasons.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/305-...treme&Ntk=All#

Last edited by hddan502; 10-25-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Quick Reply: 2010 SB cheap mods w/pics