Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My bike got ran over

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't hesitate to compare what they are offering to what other comparable bikes in your region are selling for, and if their offer is too low,

Excellent point. I don't give advice, I offer opinions. Just so we're clear on that.

When mike sez, "what other bikes are selling for" he is quite correct. But you might not want to go in and show what they're being 'listed' for or what they're being advertised for. They'll look at you like you got worms crawling out of your nose. A person can ask any amount for anything. Means nothing.

In fact many, if not most, people will list things for more than they'll actually take as a matter of course.

Best of luck to you.

edit:
While we're at it, let's look at the OPs first thoughts --

I'd guess $3-4K minimum to get all this fixed at the HD dealer and book value on the bike is only around 5k.

To me, the $6,100 figure looks to be in the ball park. This is what I mean when I opine that people can get too involved, too worked up. Not being condescending, it's human nature. ALL of us can fall victim to that instinct.

It also doesn't mean the $6,100 figure is right or reasonable. I have no clue. Just...... sayin' that's all.

Last edited by Grendel4; 10-28-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:48 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Feel horrible for you . When I read Kev England's response I just had to chime in. I agree that would be the way to go but wanted to warn you. I recently took a crooked car repair shop to town court - and won - $1700.00 from the guy. It has been over a year and I have yet to get a dime.
It is easier to collect from an individual person than from a business - you can - sometimes take over their bank account to get paid - but that is hard to do and costly. Businesses are pretty much impossible to get $$ from - especially crooked car shops.
I recommend that if you have to go this route you get an attorney. Will cost you but they will be able to help you collect. Either way, it will cost you. Filing and court costs are not that bad but collecting is another story completely. Just make sure you do your research first.
Good luck and keep us imformed what happens.