Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is the vance and hines fuel pak rigth for me?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 06:08 PM
whitey07
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what does tts stand for?sorry im new 07 fxd cali model lookin to tune it

Old 10-24-2010, 07:24 PM
ak47dennis
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Crash Davis
Dennis, I put V&H short shorts (quiet baffle) and Arlen Ness Big Sucker on my bike, and used the Fuel Pack. Easy to install and set up (though I don't have a security system on my 2007 FXDB). Bike ran and sounded great, except for some popping on decel. Then after about 2000 miles I started having problems with the bike being real sluggish on acceleration and stalling at idle. I re-did the programming, and the bike still acted up. I pulled it from my bike and the bike ran much better. I said screw it and took the bike to the stealer and had the stage 1 upload done for $150. Should have done that in the first place. Bike runs better than it ever did and I don't have popping on decel.

96 cubic inches is plenty of power for me. I don't need any extra horsepower -- the bike has more power than it's owner is capable of using! It's my bike and I'm happy with it. I fully understand why others will spend the $$ to dyno-tune their bikes. That extra performance makes them happy so it is money well spent.

That's my experience with the V&H fuel pack. Good luck with your decision!

First thing I did was check with the dealer and they told me the stage 1 map was only adequate for slip on's and not my big radius & stage one air cleaner? Kind of didn’t believe them that it would still be way to lean since they were persistent about the HD tuner and dyno time and kind of trashed every other tuner on the market.

Couldn’t agree more for now my 96 inches is plenty so to spend $700 for the tuner and dyno tune seems like a waste for me. I scored a Vance & Hines fuel pack for a good price, if it doesn’t work out then I will go with the HD race tuner.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Wizid
Cruiser

I have run the fuel pac for 20,000 miles and it has worked really well for me. I have a SE chrome back plate with a K&N filter, true duals, and large touring mufflers. IMO, it works best if you stay all V&H. I recently upgraded the cam chain tensioners and installed bolt in cams. I did not have to touch the map, and the thing idles smooth, never pops, and pulls like a freight train.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:02 PM
powerlab
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default tts

tts stands for...the turbo shop.....steve cole owns it. Its a great piece..and yes i do have one!