Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Drop...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 11:39 PM
Cherokee71
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It happens to the best of us. The main thing is you didn't get hurt.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:48 AM
SK'sHD
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It happened to me. It hurt too... my heart & ego. Pulling into the driveway/garage. Slight incline, flat sidewalk & another incline into the garage. Rear tire was on the flat sidewalk & front tire was on the incline up. Was going to slow, lost my balance, went to put my feet down & couldn't reach like I normally can on a flat surface. From there it went "down" hill. Once my feet couldn't reach I got nervous I was going over & I think I popped the clutch getting all out of whack. Down she went (to the right). It gets worse. It was like I dropped my phone in the lake. I went to pick it up w/ some sort of super human power (lots of adrenaline I suppose) & the momentum took it over to the left. WTF!!! I dumped my bike in the driveway & F'd both sides; left grip, left front/rear pegs, right mirror, right front/rear pegs, right rear signal & BOTH front/rear V&H's heat shields. I coulndn't believe it. I wasn't right for a week. Still might not be right.........

Old 10-22-2010, 08:34 PM
twothousandfour-supr-glide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my first drop this week, no damage to the bike but I was surprised by how much gas leaked out of the gas cap.
I tapped the front brake while making a slow turn and down it went. BUMMER

Old 10-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Punchsmack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my first dump in June of this year. It had just started to rain as I was returning home, my wife was in a hurry for me to take over the baby watching duties so she could meet her friends, and I was SUPER hungover from the night before (even though it was 6pm).

I'm going up the steep garage incline in my condo building and I'm thinking about how I need to hurry upstairs......I took the first right turn way too tight, grabbed the front brake, and down she went (really smooth garage concrete too). It all happened in a flash. I barely remember the fall itself.

The bike stalled and all I could think was, "how bad did I just dent the tank?". So I pick it up (thanks adrenaline - seeing is how I'm 5'10" 155) and see that the tank was fine. Whew!

All tolled, my handlebars and brake pedal were a tad bent. Nothing that would stop riding it. I wanted to replace the handlebars anyway....or so I keep telling myself that.

It happens and you learn from it. I think I'm actually a better rider because of it now. I ALWAYS remind myself to take my time to focus on the turn, stop, or lane change. And oh ya, no more riding if you have a killer hangover (damn you Chipotle for being such a good hangover cure).