Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How a tailight taught me more than any service manual.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010 | 07:52 PM
BareKnuckleBobber
|
Banned
Lightbulb How a tailight taught me more than any service manual.

Great story. So Ive been on a quest on the past couple of months blacking out the chrome on my FXDB. I know I know "another blacked out dyna?! No way!" So original right? Well my ideal bike is one without alot of flash, just grit. My bike is my own. Now back to my story. So on my quest for the blacked out bobber, I found an awesome deal on a tail light on ebay. Its a blacked out tombstone replica for 20 bucks! An awesome way to get rid of the limp d*ck taillight that comes stock. When I got the tail light i was pumped to slap her on. Opened up the box and it was gorgeous two wire(pwr and ground) with a sexy finish. Took off my stock, cut the harness, and prepared to splice the new light...First problem...shiot need to get a 3 wire socket...quick trip to home depot...done...next i need to crimp and make all the wires gorgeous and watertight...done.....now lets bolt her up....oh wait...bolt patterns dont match up..FML!!! ALL THAT HARD WORK, AND BECAUSE I DIDNT MOCK IT UP BEFORE...IT WAS FOR NOTHING!! Doh ....So I had to undo it all...order another harness from Deutsch, and use a ghetto rigged prong crimp method to make a makeshift harness for the og light....So lesson learned mock it up, dont clown on the limp d*ck..because itll come back around a f* u in the end... Thanks for reading..

Old 10-17-2010 | 11:25 PM
jackstrr
Road Warrior

yep.... home depot will do it every time

Old 10-18-2010 | 08:00 AM
Robbie13
LOSER

That's funny. Sounds like some of my jobs. I get too excited and don't think it through. The beer doesn't help me either.

Old 10-18-2010 | 11:52 AM
Swede405
Tourer

Originally Posted by Robbie13
That's funny. Sounds like some of my jobs. I get too excited and don't think it through. The beer doesn't help me either.
Speak for yourself on the beer. It's the only way I can be patient with all my screw-ups.

Old 10-18-2010 | 12:08 PM
BareKnuckleBobber
|
Banned

Haha I have to agree beer makes for an adventure, and an over the counter stress relief.

Old 10-18-2010 | 12:32 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member

Good job young lady.