Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with my dyna "sert"

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 02:51 AM
swillerbob
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with my dyna "sert"

Hey gues i supjust purchased a stage 1 air cleaner and the screamin eagle pro tuner. I am running rush slip on with 2in baffles. I am wondering what the best tune would be for my bike. I am new to the whole tuning world. I read a lil and uploaded a tune but it pops when i let off the gas. Any help would be apreciated.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:35 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by swillerbob
Hey gues i supjust purchased a stage 1 air cleaner and the screamin eagle pro tuner. I am running rush slip on with 2in baffles. I am wondering what the best tune would be for my bike. I am new to the whole tuning world. I read a lil and uploaded a tune but it pops when i let off the gas. Any help would be apreciated.
Best tune? You may be confused. No stock map is not going to be perfect. The only way is to get your bike dyno-tuned.

Although, doesn't the SEPST have the option to adjust enleanment? That is where you can tune out the popping on decel.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:39 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Get the SEST Pro model tuner or the TTS Mastertune system and tune it yourself.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The Screamin' Eagle Race Tuner (SERT, 2002-2008)) was, and still is, owned by TTS Inc. HD just sold it.

The 2nd product, Screamin' Eagle Super Pro Tuner (SESPT, 2008-up) is owned by SPX Kent-Moore.

The SERT can be upgraded to the far superior TTS Mastertune for a nominal fee. Not a lot, IIRC.

EDIT:

Found it HERE --

All SERT upgrades will require a RMA and a SERT Qualifier report.
To see if your SERT qualifies for an upgrade, you must run the SERT upgrade utility and print the resulting report.
To receive a RMA please email our office and a form will be emailed to you for completion.
Once you have completed the RMA form, print it out and return the RMA, Interface, and Qualifier report to TTS.
The unit will be here about a week, and the charge is $100 + shipping charges.
If you have any questions, please contact our office prior to sending your unit in for upgrade.
Failing to follow the above steps will result in a delay in the upgrade process.

Last edited by Grendel4; 10-15-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:51 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Grendel4
The Screamin' Eagle Race Tuner (SERT, 2002-2008)) was, and still is, owned by TTS Inc. HD just sold it.

The 2nd product, Screamin' Eagle Super Pro Tuner (SESPT, 2008-up) is owned by SPX Kent-Moore.

The SERT can be upgraded to the far superior TTS Mastertune for a nominal fee. Not a lot, IIRC.
I had mine done by TTS for $100

Old 10-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Black Bart
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
I had mine done by TTS for $100
What superior benefits does the TTS Mastertune add to the SERT?

Old 10-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Bart
What superior benefits does the TTS Mastertune add to the SERT?
The SERT is no longer supported by the MoCo. The TTS is more user-friendly and has goodies on it that the MoCo didn't originaly want. Some peeps think it was because they wanted a 'captive' market. IOW, nobody could understand it or really use it but an HD dealer. I dunno. The TTS is about 90% DIY if you're in the mood to fuss with it. The TTS is also using a newer file than the older, now abandoned, SERT.

I guess it's not for everybody -- The upgrade. Which is why they have you fill out a couple of forms before they'll do it. I'd say, if you have a SERT and your bike runs fine, then leave it alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm not sure I understand what the OP is saying anyway. What Tuner he has, what year bike, etc. I guess if he just bought it from a Dealer, it must be the SESPT, right? So the upgrade won't apply to him. Probably.

Just passing stuff along.