Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bub 7 2-1

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 08:13 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Bub 7 2-1

Instructions suck, chrome looks good, they erally should have put new clamps on them from factory but hey for $350 what do you expect. Will get teh rest of bike back together tomorrow, looking forward to cranking this motor for teh first time, hope it doesnt blow up.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Keep us posted on the maiden voyage - I'm waiting on my set of Bub-7 true duals to arrive. Hope they were the right choice???

Old 10-13-2010, 08:18 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Where they at???

Old 10-13-2010, 08:22 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

I know eric, but I am a technological dumass and cant figure out how to post a proper picture. When I do I will hehe

Old 10-14-2010, 01:37 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, the Bub 7 2 into 1 instructions weren't great, but just take your time. All the pieces fit together nicely, just follow their recommended sequence of assembly. If you put a clamp on backward, you'll soon know you need to turn it around for easier access.

My only stalling point was trying to remove the old snap rings for the exhaust flanges that you will need to reinstall on the Bub. None of my snap ring pliers would work and I couldn't find that one tool special from my dad that would have worked. I must have waisted an hour on the snap rings!

The small effort and money ( $192) was well worth it! That is one sweet sounding and quality exhaust. My girlfriend loves the low rumbling throaty music that it plays.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:11 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

I had one small exhaust clamp left over, and the L bracket does not do anything. I either screwed up or they modified the exhaust and still put these parts in there.The diagram shows the small exhaust clamp grabbing onto the L bracket but there is a weld on the joint where it shows the clamp. Did I screw up? The fit and finish look good. Stop rubbing in your good deal man

Originally Posted by HemiOrange
Yeah, the Bub 7 2 into 1 instructions weren't great, but just take your time. All the pieces fit together nicely, just follow their recommended sequence of assembly. If you put a clamp on backward, you'll soon know you need to turn it around for easier access.

My only stalling point was trying to remove the old snap rings for the exhaust flanges that you will need to reinstall on the Bub. None of my snap ring pliers would work and I couldn't find that one tool special from my dad that would have worked. I must have waisted an hour on the snap rings!

The small effort and money ( $192) was well worth it! That is one sweet sounding and quality exhaust. My girlfriend loves the low rumbling throaty music that it plays.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Oregon Deuce
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put the BUB7 two into one pipes on my bike a few weeks ago When dennis kirk was closing them out for $192. Yes the instructions are crappy And i had to fab a new L bracket It wasnt long enough May be my fault as i tightened the header against the heads first so i knew it was lined up straight in the gaskets Then bolted on the muffler. But all in all it wasnt a hard install and the quality is decent My problem was this pipe is too free flowing and i lost bottom and midrange power I had to add a lollypop in the collector to get the bottom back

Attached Thumbnails Bub 7 2-1-004.jpg  
Old 10-14-2010, 01:42 PM
RED_5
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Oregon Deuce
I just put the BUB7 two into one pipes on my bike a few weeks ago When dennis kirk was closing them out for $192. Yes the instructions are crappy And i had to fab a new L bracket It wasnt long enough May be my fault as i tightened the header against the heads first so i knew it was lined up straight in the gaskets Then bolted on the muffler. But all in all it wasnt a hard install and the quality is decent My problem was this pipe is too free flowing and i lost bottom and midrange power I had to add a lollypop in the collector to get the bottom back
$192! wow.

Old 10-16-2010, 02:47 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
I had one small exhaust clamp left over, and the L bracket does not do anything. I either screwed up or they modified the exhaust and still put these parts in there.The diagram shows the small exhaust clamp grabbing onto the L bracket but there is a weld on the joint where it shows the clamp. Did I screw up? The fit and finish look good. Stop rubbing in your good deal man
That diagram is misleading, that weld spot on the clamp bracket had me fooled, too, but after a trial fit I saw that it wasn't intended to be used. Just ignore that first bracket.

My install went great. Just bench fit the parts together and they will make sense. In the end I had no left over parts and everything fit perfectly.