Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chopped or strutless rear fender?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 03:57 PM
dpriest
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks. Yeah idid a wide glide conversion

Old 10-17-2010, 06:40 PM
NuTTSaK
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I decided to go ahead and chop a few inches from the stock fender today (while saving up for the Voodoo Fender Kit). I also removed the sissy bar. All and all I think it turned out well. Gonna throw some Burly Slammers on this week to lower the rear a bit.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:54 PM
DirtNap
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks pretty good to me,,,

Old 10-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Comingapart
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the Voodoo fender kit, but it's quite spendy for me right now.

Exile's Dyna tracker/streetfighter build has a similar style fender on it, but the website has no info on it. It looks like they left just enough strut to retain one mounting bolt.

I'd love to see some detailed examples of similar style strutless fender setups you've guys have done.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:56 PM
dpriest
Road Master

Originally Posted by Comingapart
I love the Voodoo fender kit, but it's quite spendy for me right now.

Exile's Dyna tracker/streetfighter build has a similar style fender on it, but the website has no info on it. It looks like they left just enough strut to retain one mounting bolt.

I'd love to see some detailed examples of similar style strutless fender setups you've guys have done.
heres what i did to mine. i cut half the strut. gives me a good solid area to mount my fender and lights. had to spread them apart about 1/4? to fit a 9" fender. made up a bracket to mount the front part of the fender and its solid as a rock.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats the same way I cut my struts. I was able to use a hole that was near the front of the back fender and bolted that front part to a brace that ran across the back of the frame. Lined up perfect. Dpriest where did you get your back fender? It looks good.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:10 PM
dpriest
Road Master

Originally Posted by Robbie13
Thats the same way I cut my struts. I was able to use a hole that was near the front of the back fender and bolted that front part to a brace that ran across the back of the frame. Lined up perfect. Dpriest where did you get your back fender? It looks good.
thanks, i got it on ebay as a short fender blank for about $40

Old 10-18-2010, 04:13 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

My personal favorite chopped rear fender is Muddyapes narrowed down and shortened half strut setup. I like it better than the Rocket Bob setup as it actually curves down into the frame filling a void left by the Rocket Bob setup. Plus its free and thats nice cuz I am broke. Its only a solo setup though and that makes it untouchable for me as I cant keep the hot chicks off of my bike...

Old 10-20-2010, 08:52 PM
NuTTSaK
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the PM forwards and Slammers on yesterday and today. Very stoked about how the chopped fender turned out after lowering the *** end. Still plan to chop the struts one of these days but I can live with this for now.
Dpriest who makes that seat, is it as comfortable as it looks?

Old 10-21-2010, 06:42 AM
dpriest
Road Master

wow, slammers look awesome. i like the black on black battery box too.

my seat is a stock dyna solo. i think its from an 07. its actually pretty comfi. i did have a bare bones but sold it. its like sitting on a brick. i might pick up a new one or maybe a newer style street bob seat. i dont do more than 100 or so miles at a time on the LR. anything more than that, i usually take my roadglide.

Quick Reply: Chopped or strutless rear fender?