Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carini Apes on Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Vivid Streetbob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carini Apes on Street Bob

I'm gonna put some Carlini Gangsta Apes on my street bob. I'm 6'4" and I think I want 16" gloss black. My friends silver street bob has 18" on it and it's super comfy. I'm thinkingof 16" for comfort and hopefully it won't overpower the bike. Opinions and honest expertise wanted. Including pics of both bikes.

Attached Thumbnails Carini Apes on Street Bob-camera-pics-2010-001.jpg   Carini Apes on Street Bob-img01460.jpg   Carini Apes on Street Bob-img01641.jpg   Carini Apes on Street Bob-100_0136.jpg  
Old 10-12-2010, 11:33 AM
kite
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No expert opinion, however, i'm going to do the same on my 2010 FXDWG. Just cant decide between Flyin Apes and Gangsters. And maybe 14inch with 2inch rise. Most on here seem to love these setups...

Old 10-12-2010, 11:40 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

if you're comfortable on his bike, i'd follow suit and go with 18" bars.

bars are the kind of thing where you only get one shot at getting it right (unless you have unlimited funds, in which case, i'll PM you my checking account number...)

you have the luxury of having a friend with the same bike, and bars that you are considering...if they feel right on his bike they're going to feel exactly the same on yours.

also, unless you plan on blacking out a few more things on your front end, i'd go chrome on your scoot.

but this is all just my two cents and i doubt if it's even worth that much......

Old 10-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Vivid Streetbob
Advanced

Shoot man, I appreciate your input. Do you like your black bars? I was thinking of gloss black with all chrome hardware and risers. I'm gonna get the 1.50 bars.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:51 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

i love my bars (would go 17s if i could go back and do it over) but my bike is pretty much all black.

you've got a lot of chrome on there, and IMO without a black front end, black bars might look a little out of place.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:19 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If I had it to do over again I would have went with a set of Carlini 16's instead of the Chubbys. At 6'4" I would go with 18's. I am 5'7" and find 16's very comfortable. If that is your bike in the first pic then I would go with chrome bars versus black. But then again I am partial to chrome. Nothing like a nice shiny chrome *****.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Vivid Streetbob
Advanced

Thanx Ghostrider!! I'm a big chrome fan also as you can tell, just put chrome rockers on in fact. I was leaning toward a gloss black to match the paint with all chrome hadware but after the input from you guys I may just go chrome. The Bob needs some wow factor! I was thinking of selling it to buy a street glide but have had no attention on craigslist so I think I'm gonna dial it in!

Attached Thumbnails Carini Apes on Street Bob-camera-pics-2010-002.jpg  
Old 10-12-2010, 03:08 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

you're gonna listen to ghostrider?

he's got that broken down busted up ugly *** scoot, and you're gonna take his advice?

Old 10-12-2010, 03:18 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Right on.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Vivid Streetbob
Advanced

Thanks Toastman! I got the 16" chrome carlinis coming with chrome boob risers 1.50". Guess they will really be 17s. Wish I knew what size cables to order. Them dang cables will keep your scooter down for a couple weeks I'm afraid. Orders 4' of new wiring, chrome housing and grips. I appreciate the advice fellas! Rod

Quick Reply: Carini Apes on Street Bob