Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Triple trees: Accutronix or Hawg Halter HHIs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Vivid Streetbob
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna Triple trees: Accutronix or Hawg Halter HHIs?

I wanted to ask the experts so here I am. Anyone care to comment on the HHI vs. Accutronix trees. I want to put 3 degree chrome wide trees on my street bob. I've got prices on both and before I pull the trigger I'd love some feedback. Accutronix seems to be top notch. Someone suggested Hawg Halters or HHI and he was happy with his but does anyone else have experience with these guys? Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Triple trees: Accutronix or Hawg Halter HHIs?-camera-pics-2010-001.jpg   Dyna Triple trees: Accutronix or Hawg Halter HHIs?-camera-pics-2010-002.jpg  

Last edited by Vivid Streetbob; 10-12-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:19 AM
bigmikaele
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

They are right up the street from me and they make great products and they stand behind their products as well. I had an issue with my front wheel for a while and they replaced parts on the wheel until we got it right this was 18 months after getting them from them and they did it all for free. I don't have their triple trees so can't speak to them, but their products are top notch.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:25 AM
DesertDyna
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmikaele
They are right up the street from me and they make great products and they stand behind their products as well. I had an issue with my front wheel for a while and they replaced parts on the wheel until we got it right this was 18 months after getting them from them and they did it all for free. I don't have their triple trees so can't speak to them, but their products are top notch.
Ummm who is right up the street? You didnt mention which manufacturer.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:33 AM
bigmikaele
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

$#!t, sorry, HHI is just up the street.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Vivid Streetbob
Advanced

Thanks for the comments guys! Keep em coming. I will wait a couple of days before I do anything. Maybe I can get some good feedback here. Love the black Street Bob with chrome wheels. I'm pretty sure accutronix is top notch. I've heard that from Harley techs, just not sure on Hawg halters (HHI). They look good but have a different build type. The way the tubes go into the top tree actually extends the forks a couple of inches to compensate for the added degree of rake which HHI claims corrects trail. Now that doesn't exactly sound correct to me but I do get a little confused on the trail issue. If there is some bikes here using them with no issues that is good enough for me. I don't think I will go over 3 degrees. Would love to but I believe that's where the problems with be. I don't really like the bearing cup idea in the neck if it spreads the trees apart and leaves gaps. I want to try and get by with just a 3 degree tree and an axle kit for the wide glide style.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:59 AM
zoopman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KYFATBOB did the 3 degree hh trees on his bike ---maybe he will see this post and help ya out --if not look him up as he has convinced me that this is the way to go. hope this helps.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:55 AM
jeffrob07
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just purchased the accutronix 3deg rake for my street bob. The only reason, they had them in black. I just called accutronix and they were very helpful. I should be getting them after the holiday, about a week.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:40 PM
jecolvin
Intermediate

Been thinking about the triple tree change as well. To me the rake on the fat bob could be a little greater. If you go with the 3 degrees in the trees and lower the rear an inch or so with shorter shocks would the trail still be on?

Old 11-24-2010, 11:50 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont personally have experience with either companies,but all of the builders I know swear by HHI products and they are American made. I will be using HHI calipers on my ride. I have never heard anyone praising Accutronix locally and I dunno where they are made.

Old 11-25-2010, 12:02 AM
zoopman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My understanding with hh or accutronix 3 degree trees is that your trail is built in so to speak and will still be safe for riding according to these companies. The few guys on this site that have done this to their bikes have had positive results and wished they had done it sooner. I plan on this mod soon myself here perty soon. You could probably do a search and get some more info on this subject.
There is also a trail calculator that you can look up to find out more info.