Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dissappointed.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 10:53 AM
maryland blackout
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joe1984
I am not looking for total comfort. I would like a little more comfort, for me and the passenger, looks and function. Over the stock seat.

The bare bones is what it looks like as far as support and comfort and that includes the passenger pillion. I've never ridden bitch but my girl doesn't find it to be what you would call a touring seat. She's a small girl and doesn't have problems until a couple hours in and then her back starts to bother her. The passenger pad is only like 7" wide and and maybe 1.5" thick. So it's really only supporting a couple inches of each cheek. Depending on who you've got on the back and how much she complains will dictate how comfortable the ride is gonna be. I don't mind the saddle for longer rides but definitely nothing there in the way of back support which, as I wrote earlier, allows you to adjust your sitting position front to back easily. My buddy has the same bike as me but with a stock seat. It was much softer but I didn't like the riding position or look which is why I have never put on my stock seat. With seats it seems you either try and demo the one you want or just assume what it's going to feel like based on the shape and then deal with it. The barebones is one you can look at and tell. Oh and because it is a really narrow saddle, depending on how tall you are and where your controls located, the insides of your legs might rest on the battery and electrical boxes on either side. Just things to think about.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:08 PM
joe1984
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i did buy this seat rather quickly, I did try to do some research on it and everything seemed to be what i was looking for. I went to all my local dealers to see if they had a used bike with this seat on a bike and they didnt. Im hoping maybe this thing will break in just enough on sat maybe to make me somewhat happy with it then i will go from there.