Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wide Glide vs Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 01:21 AM
Badmonkey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have 3 bone spurs and 3 messed up discs and a pinched nerve between my c4 and c6 in my neck..the only thing that bothers me is a dam helmet and the bitter cold.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:53 AM
BDX2
Advanced

Originally Posted by Badmonkey
i have 3 bone spurs and 3 messed up discs and a pinched nerve between my c4 and c6 in my neck..the only thing that bothers me is a dam helmet and the bitter cold.
I hear Ya on the Helmet. I've noticed the shortie helmet usually causes no harm. I wear the full face only when it's cold. Combine that with more clothes around the neck, makes for more weight on my head and limited motion. Then I feel it.

I've really been enjoying some short, late night blasts close to home on these cool nights. Ride a little, stop and warm up, ride some more. Just enjoying it before the cold really sets in.

Last year we had a crappy summer. Cold and cloudy most days, but we had a great fall. Days stayed warm well into Thanksgiving. I hope this fall is similar. I don't plan on winterizing. Just keeping the bike in the garage and run it a few times a month when the roads are clear.

BadaZZ Looking Bike BTW, I'm gonna get a decent pic of mine today so I can put it up here, even though it's practically bone stock

Last edited by BDX2; 10-10-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:59 AM
BDX2
Advanced

Off Topic, but I wasn't aware my bike had a rev limiter. Good Idea since there is no tach so does it rev out at 5500 RPM? didn't feel like I was pushing it that hard. I have 900 miles on and yesterday was the first time I hit it. Probably not a Break-In feature. One less thing to worry about.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Badmonkey
Tourer

Originally Posted by BDX2
I hear Ya on the Helmet. I've noticed the shortie helmet usually causes no harm. I wear the full face only when it's cold. Combine that with more clothes around the neck, makes for more weight on my head and limited motion. Then I feel it.

I've really been enjoying some short, late night blasts close to home on these cool nights. Ride a little, stop and warm up, ride some more. Just enjoying it before the cold really sets in.

Last year we had a crappy summer. Cold and cloudy most days, but we had a great fall. Days stayed warm well into Thanksgiving. I hope this fall is similar. I don't plan on winterizing. Just keeping the bike in the garage and run it a few times a month when the roads are clear.

BadaZZ Looking Bike BTW, I'm gonna get a decent pic of mine today so I can put it up here, even though it's practically bone stock

i was in that part of the country last summer ..i moved to az from maryland and its a helmet state..i loved goin for a ride up to Pa the lid came off at the state line and rode all those great farm roads threw gettysburg and york up to sealingsgrove... but i love the Az weather no helmet 75mph speed limits on long desert roads small mountains with great scenery..i rode my bike all winter last year even threw the snow ..it sucked and yea imma dumass for doin it but what the hell!!

Old 10-10-2010, 09:18 PM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Johnson
Well mule, according to H-D on the accessories page for the '10 WG's, the risers for this bike is in fact 1"... Maybe the MoCo. misprinted it, but if you look at the area that the clamps go on the bars, they are standard size, the rest of the bar is "beefy'r" because they are actually a multi diameter bar, for looks...
At least i think that is what is going on here. JustMy.02
Matt,

With all due respect, just so no one else makes your mistake, the '10 WideGlide Stock bars are 1.25" There is no drop to 1.00" under the clamp. I know the top clamp makes it look like there might be, but there isn't. I JUST change my risers from stock, and as such I eyeballed the bare stock handlebars. The only place they taper is at the ends for standard hand controls and grips. This is the HD part number and link for the risers I bought:

56267-09

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

That page show the 4: riser in the picture but the 6" is listed on the same page. I must emphasize: the stock bars for a 2010 FXDWG are 1.25"

Respectufully,

USMAMule

Old 10-22-2010, 11:29 PM
BDX2
Advanced

Originally Posted by USMAMule
I have a 2010 Wide glide. I also had pain in my shoulders and neck after about an hour of riding. I just felt like I was reaching a bit for my bars. I opted for 6" pullback risers. Problem solved. Really.

If you really WANT to trade to a SB, I agree with the suggestion of renting one for a day of riding. That will tell you if you are trading one pain in the neck for another. Pun intended. :-)

USMAMule
LOL, Did the 6" risers require any other hardware (cable extensions etc) ? Book says 'Yes', dealer says 'No'.

The bars on the FatBob are also catching my interest. More of an angle and not quite as wide. I think the width on the stock bars is a tad much. Also need skinnier grips. Other than that it fits me perfect!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Mule,

BDX