Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wide Glide vs Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 01:05 AM
cramil
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regarding the neck pain, especially if you are already prone to some. If you havent riden for awhile and ride with no shield it can take some time to build up those muscles. I know for a couple weeks after getting mine my neck would hurt just from the added strain caused by wind etc. and not being used to the different pressure placed on it. I say make the WG fit you as many go through the same fit adjustments with their bob too.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:23 AM
BDX2
Advanced
Default Aftermarket Risers? Where?

Anyone know if I can get a set of aftermarket risers?

I looked on JP cycles and a few other sites. They have risers, but not what I'm looking for. Whenever I pull up a search it shows 20 million parts that I have to sort through. Maybe I just have to put in more time.

Right now I'm shooting for the genuine Harley 6" Chrome with pullback of about 1 inch. PN 56267-09. Shouldn't have to change out any cables etc, easy job. Gonna cost 169.95 plus 6% tax minus the 15% 1st year discount.

It would be great to find a cheaper aftermarket pair in black, but I'm not so sure they are out there yet.

Thanks,

Joe

Old 10-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Matthew Johnson
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try this link out man, I am about to put this set on my '10 WG... and they are a hell of a lot cheaper too!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-5-B...s#ht_755wt_882

Old 10-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Matthew Johnson
Intermediate

PM sent

Old 10-09-2010, 12:17 PM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hey I JUST noticed how close you are to me.....

Have a little patience, take you time to find what you like. Please be advised, if you do go for the HD 6" pull backs - order a set of Poly bushings at the same time. You will need them.

I am in Delco, what county are you in? I would love to meet up some time. Then it would be two 2010 WG's rolling proper.

USMAMule

Originally Posted by BDX2
Anyone know if I can get a set of aftermarket risers?

I looked on JP cycles and a few other sites. They have risers, but not what I'm looking for. Whenever I pull up a search it shows 20 million parts that I have to sort through. Maybe I just have to put in more time.

Right now I'm shooting for the genuine Harley 6" Chrome with pullback of about 1 inch. PN 56267-09. Shouldn't have to change out any cables etc, easy job. Gonna cost 169.95 plus 6% tax minus the 15% 1st year discount.

It would be great to find a cheaper aftermarket pair in black, but I'm not so sure they are out there yet.

Thanks,

Joe

Old 10-09-2010, 12:23 PM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Johnson
Try this link out man, I am about to put this set on my '10 WG... and they are a hell of a lot cheaper too!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-5-B...s#ht_755wt_882
Matt,

The link you posted goes to a nice looking set of black risers for 1" bars. The stock '10 FXDWG bars are 1.25" bars. Just thought I'd point that out to help make sure you get the right size.

USMAMule

Old 10-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Matthew Johnson
Intermediate

Well mule, according to H-D on the accessories page for the '10 WG's, the risers for this bike is in fact 1"... Maybe the MoCo. misprinted it, but if you look at the area that the clamps go on the bars, they are standard size, the rest of the bar is "beefy'r" because they are actually a multi diameter bar, for looks...
At least i think that is what is going on here. JustMy.02

Old 10-09-2010, 02:31 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Joe, I've owned a few bikes and my upper trapezius muscle burns like crazy after just a few hours and the only thing that helps eliminate, I mean eliminate any upper or lower back muscle issues is a backrest. It is a fairly spendy thing to try but I'm sure that is what you need. My '08 FXDWG doesn't have one and I'm in horrific pain and presently looking in a Mustang Vintage Solo / backrest combo.
Face it, you're still just sitting on a small seat and that is your pivot point (butt), that has to support your whole upper body no matter where the hand grips are in relation to you right?

Old 10-09-2010, 10:03 PM
BDX2
Advanced

I have the 2011 accessory book. It has 4" and 6" curved risers for 1.25" bars.

It also lists 4" and 6" straight and curved riser kits for 1" bars.

I measured the bars on my 2010, they are 1.25" all the way although they flatten out just a bit at the clamp.

For the 1.25" and 1" it states 'Requires Separate Purchase of Additional Components'. I wonder exactly what additional components they are referring to Guy at the shop didn't mention anything, he said the cables would be long enough.

DeneFXDWG, yeah you are probably right. I used to get the burn and then no feeling at all in my neck. That was about 20 years ago. Longer rides. I've put in one or two long rides since then, but the problem seems to accumulate over repeated riding. Guess I'm waiting to see what happens now. I'm willing to try out the backrest if that's what it takes, just need to see how I adjust right now.

USMA, I'm in Lackawanna County, Top Right corner of Pa, it would be great to meet up sometime!!!!!

Matthew, that's what I'm looking for, but it's specifying for earlier years, Looks like they changed the width on later models Like most new products, it may take a bit of time before people start putting out the goodies. I'll keep looking, LOL.

Thanks All,

Joe

Last edited by BDX2; 10-09-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:34 PM
Matthew Johnson
Intermediate

Sorry, I checked out my bars, and you and Mule were right, looks to be 1.25"
I just wish Harley would square away their website with better and more accurate specs... oh well, thats why we have to do most of this ourselves anyway right.

Quick Reply: Wide Glide vs Street Bob