Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those of you that have black rear fender support covers

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 07:33 PM
hellfrozeover
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those of you that have black rear fender support covers

I am thinking of swapping out my chrome fender support covers with the black ones on my denim Fat Bob. I have seen a couple other forum members do the same thing but they still have the chrome rear turn signals which seem odd to me in a picture. Do they look that odd in person or is there a black turn signal option?

Otherwise I was debating on keeping the support covers chrome and still getting the rear detachable sissy bar/pad in black. Not sure how that would look with the chrome fender supports.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:41 PM
steveatxtreme
6th Gear

my 09 street bob is chrome on black and i think it looks fine

Old 10-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Comingapart
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You mean the strut covers?

I black enameled mine. Then I Scotch'd up my taillights for a brushed look and tucked them in closer replacing the chrome extension pieces with short sections of black metal tubing. I think it looks pretty good, i'll snap some pics once it's running again.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:33 AM
snookums
Tourer

You can always powder coats the parts real cheap. I think i was estimated about 80 for the struts and turn signals. Harley has black set of TS and strut covers, but for the price, i would powder coat.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:12 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hellfrozeover
I am thinking of swapping out my chrome fender support covers with the black ones on my denim Fat Bob. I have seen a couple other forum members do the same thing but they still have the chrome rear turn signals which seem odd to me in a picture. Do they look that odd in person or is there a black turn signal option?

Otherwise I was debating on keeping the support covers chrome and still getting the rear detachable sissy bar/pad in black. Not sure how that would look with the chrome fender supports.
I know what you mean....they bugged me at first, but not any longer, I suppose they offset a little the chrome upper front end on the FXDF

Old 10-04-2010, 09:39 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Here's what my Fat Bob looks like with the chrome covers and black sissy bar.

Attached Thumbnails Those of you that have black rear fender support covers-100310-clean-064.jpg  
Old 10-04-2010, 10:00 AM
snookums
Tourer

i have a black sissy bar and chrome struts for now. Mine is the pewter denim and the black will make the silver pop

Old 10-04-2010, 10:02 PM
hellfrozeover
Advanced

Originally Posted by Centerline
I know what you mean....they bugged me at first, but not any longer, I suppose they offset a little the chrome upper front end on the FXDF

I love your bike and want to black mine out similar to yours. I think you did a fantastic job. Did you get the belt cover/guard at HD or did you powder coat yours? I didn't see the part in black listed on the HD site.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:24 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I powdercoated my strut covers black also and will probably do the front and rear turn signals later when I do the triple trees.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:10 PM
fat_brad
Advanced

I powder coated my fender struts and turn signals and I think it is not only the cheapest, but overall best way to go. Personally I like them all black (as you could probably guess by my bike).

I have also recently blacked out my turn signal covers (way more than shown here), rear light, and added a black sissy bar as well as blacked out the shocks.

Lastly, my personal opinion is if you are going to go that trouble, don't forget to black out the hardware. I remove, spray, clear coat and replace all my hardware. Yeh, it is not as good as powder coating, but I can do it and you really can not tell the difference. Just take my time and try to make it clean.

Quick Reply: Those of you that have black rear fender support covers