Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HeadLight Mods (time for a thread)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 05:04 PM
flipman
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CDW
Flipman, love that front fender. Is there a matching one on the back?
nope , stock one with a piece cut off . maybe i make one but i think it does not look so good on the rear ??

Old 10-08-2010, 05:49 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

I added a brass visor and some high/low indicator lights, since I lost mine when I went with the Springer. All these way cooler lights than mine in this thread has caused me to reevaluate my puny light. I need to hit ebay this week and come up with something nicer. I like some of the ones I have seen in this thread thus far quite a bit more than what I'm running.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:55 AM
FenceSC
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DeathProof72
Got any pics? Actually wanted that myself, but the Black one with the chrome grill has been on back order for the longest time. I think actually a dual mont with two rapide lights would be the sickest look ever (and way expensive!).
Its on order. Won't install till the weather gets too cold to ride. I plan on pulling the front to have the triple tree and lowers powder coated.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:37 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a stupid question for the guys that put a fatboy headlight in their streetbobs.

Did you have to splice any wires or is it just a straight swap? My headlight is rattling and it might be a good time to look at the Fatboy light.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:05 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BeavisRules
Here is a stupid question for the guys that put a fatboy headlight in their streetbobs.

Did you have to splice any wires or is it just a straight swap? My headlight is rattling and it might be a good time to look at the Fatboy light.

Mine was straight forward but had 2 extra wires for auxillry lights and I just capped them off. Got mine off ebay was aftermarket $52.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Old 10-12-2010, 10:19 PM
DeathProof72
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BeavisRules

Very easy actually, the plug on the end of the wires (inside the headlight) opens and using a jeweler's screwdriver or similar device (I used a pump needle used o inflate a basketball, only because the end was blunt ad wouldn't accidently cut the wires) you can press the 2 retaining tabs to pull the wires out. Then the rubber plug can be twisted through the hole (some harder than others), I actually cut mine with a razor, then used a strip of electrical tape on it once I put it back in. Then reverse to reassemble, no splicing and the easiest way t get at the wires. I ave my FB light out for recoating, so will be putting it bak on next week. If you want, I can post pics..

Old 10-12-2010, 11:29 PM
mercury01
Cruiser
Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

Just a note on the HID conversion - fwiw. Make sure you specify the small ballast unit. The stock automotive one is quite a bit larger and may not fit. SHARPHID offers good product an service Can be found with a simple search.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:16 AM
onfloat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ratt196635
Here is mine

I Like it!!

Old 10-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Blackhawk
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's my Wide Glide with an HD Bullet Headlamp:

Old 10-14-2010, 11:42 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am looking for a cheap 4 or 4.5 incher headlight. can somebody drop a link for a single dominator or any generic small headlight?

Quick Reply: HeadLight Mods (time for a thread)