Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC3 is here and just my luck

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Bruinx9
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC3 is here and just my luck

It's here but the guy forgot to put in one of the o2 eliminators. I have the one now where can i get another? also i have samson ripsaws with o2 bungs in them. so do i reinstall the o2 sensors? can i run them with the sensors hooked up or what?

Old 09-12-2006, 07:01 PM
05FLHTI
Advanced
Default RE: PC3 is here and just my luck

You must have the PCIII wide band??? I am running Rinehart Racing 2into1 pipes on my bagger and they have a place for the O2 sensor but I just left the plug in the pipes and hooked up the PCIIIusb with a generic map until I could get it on a dyno. The Power Commander site says the wide band was for use with BMW's. Hope this helps.

Old 09-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Bruinx9
Cruiser

no no i have the PC3usb just missing a sensor eliminator which is required apparently for the 06 Dynas.

Old 09-12-2006, 07:23 PM
darkkevin
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

the o2 sensor eliminator is simply a little plug to protect the harness connector from debris and such (as i'm sure you can tell by the one you do have) the o2 wiring will just hang freely connected to nothing. if you have plugs in the pipes from the factory capping the o2 bungs, just leave the sensors out, you won't need them. if there are no plugs in the sensor bungs. either install the sensors to cap the holes or stop by the local hardware stoe and get a couple of brass fittings to cap 'em off. just wait 'til you get it going.....it's like a different bike [sm=biker2.gif]

Old 09-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

darkevin, are you sure they are just for plugging off the connectors? The reason I ask is because on my Mustang we made (you can buy them but we just made some) and they actually have some electronics in them to trick the computer. Just thought I would ask.

Old 09-12-2006, 07:48 PM
JollyRogers
Road Master

They have a resistor in them... they fool the ECM into thinking the mixture is perrrfect when it goes into closed loop and there is no O2 sensor there to read the A/F mixture. Get another O2 elimator... call whoever you got it from and tell them to FEDEX it to you!!! You can either leave the bungs plugged or put your old O2 sensors in. Either way, but they won't be used... you are only fooling anyone who doesn't know better... IE maybe someone who inspects the bike??? but if they are inspecting you would hope they knew what they were looking at! anyways... I have mine in and the wires are tucked away like they are still being used, the elimators are hooked up going to the ECM both of them.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Bruinx9
Cruiser

Hey thanx for all the replies....I am fed up dealing with this guy i bought it from. He says now that the guy that installed it only gave hime back one sensor elim. I'll have to buy a new one. I wasn't sure if you could hook the sensors back up so it would self adjust or not but there def is a resistor in there. the thing can't be more than ten bucks. then again.........this is HD were talking about (HD=hundred dollars...lol).

PS i have another post out that i haven't checked up on but while i am writing any efi experts out the that are PC3 savvy what do you think about running the map for V&H big shotswith SE A/c for my dyna with Samsons Rip saws and arlen ness big sucker? I think it will get it pretty close.