Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to Buy...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 02:10 AM
Trawfish
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to Buy...

Fred Kodlin Bonanza Bars?

I have been going back and forth with the RSD Vintage and the Kodlin Bonanza's. Where is the best deal on either Bar?

I have read about the recall on the Kodlin bars and see some of the replacements are curved at the bottom instead of welded now. Does anybody know if you can still get the Bonanza that are welded at the bottom like in the websight?

thanks!

Old 11-03-2010, 07:10 PM
jeffrob07
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Trawfish, I just bought the curved bottom Kodlin 15" bonanza bars. I had a heck of a time feeding the wires through. Not worth the trouble. the wires and the sleeve will not fit. 1" in diameter, but 3/4 id. the hole for the inside wiring are to small on the handle bars and the bottom opening is to small as well. I'm going to get rid of mine and buy another brand.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:28 PM
rmatt34
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by jeffrob07
Trawfish, I just bought the curved bottom Kodlin 15" bonanza bars. I had a heck of a time feeding the wires through. Not worth the trouble. the wires and the sleeve will not fit. 1" in diameter, but 3/4 id. the hole for the inside wiring are to small on the handle bars and the bottom opening is to small as well. I'm going to get rid of mine and buy another brand.

Hey, I like those ...how much you want fer 'em ?

P.S. you could just ream out the openings (drill em out a little and smooth the edges so you don't chafe your wiring..) Or you could just sell 'em to me wicked cheap

Old 11-03-2010, 11:03 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Yea you can't get the wire loom through. I just ran bare wire through and the last 6 inches I put shrink wrap on and it's long enough to go through the first bend. Those are the edges you need to worry about because the dimples and drilled section is smooth enough. Then I put the wire loom at the bottom of the bars. Get your self some ceiling fan chain to route it and feed and pull at the same time and it was easy. Did both sides in 30 min. One year when I had the Bonanza I's and about 3 months with the new Bonanza II's and no issues. I love these bars. Totally worth it!! Just remember for the internal wiring if you have to muscle it take a breath and try again.

To the OP I know a lot of people by them on ebay for $119. I'll take a look and post up a link when I find them.

Last edited by JaronB; 11-03-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:07 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Oh yea I forgot to mention I bought my first set (bonanza I's) form a forum member and there was a recall and custom chrome reimbursed my own labor and sent me the new bonanza II's.

Here's that thread with good info if you come across the first version!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...call-pics.html

Old 11-03-2010, 11:20 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Here are a couple links!! Mine are the narrow high's (15's)!!

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=san....c0.m270.l1313

@ custom chrome

http://www.customchrome.net/icatalog...aspx?page=0095

Old 11-03-2010, 11:25 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Here's the ROAD6CUSTOMS version. Seems that the Kodlin's are better priced. I just don't like the bend half way up on the ROAD6 bars!!

http://stores.ebay.com/ROAD-6-CUSTOM...=p4634.c0.m322

Old 11-04-2010, 06:32 PM
rmatt34
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JaronB
Here's the ROAD6CUSTOMS version. Seems that the Kodlin's are better priced. I just don't like the bend half way up on the ROAD6 bars!!

http://stores.ebay.com/ROAD-6-CUSTOM...=p4634.c0.m322

JaronB,

I couldn't tell in the pics, did you have to do cables ?

I really dig the brass end cap option too ...

I think those would look great on my street slob..Think the 15's or 16's would be about right...

if anyone's gonna unload a set for a good price..P.M. me Thx ...

Old 11-04-2010, 07:03 PM
lukemc7
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive got some Road 6 custom's want to be bars on my bike (took measurements from a friends and built my own) There awesome had them on for about 9 months and no problems with the welds and wiring them wasnt to much trouble either just ran a peice of bailing twine in the end and used a vacuum to suck the twine to the other end tied it to the wire and very slowly fed the wires up through. I also used silicone around the wires around the bends to keep them in place and protect them from chaffing, seems to work really well.

Another option is Carlini Design Evil Apes.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:47 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by rmatt34
JaronB,

I couldn't tell in the pics, did you have to do cables ?

I really dig the brass end cap option too ...

I think those would look great on my street slob..Think the 15's or 16's would be about right...

if anyone's gonna unload a set for a good price..P.M. me Thx ...

Just so you know I have the Kodlin's not the road 6!!

They are all stock cables and wiring. I had to move the clutch cable to the right down tube and straightened out the 90 degree bend in the throttle cable. I dumped the idler cable too, so only one cable to the throttle. The only mod I had to do was splice and solder the wiring because the prongs are to long for the sharp curves. Also Everybody thinks the throttle cable is stretched out, but I didn't zip tie it back to the backbone and that's just what a throttle cable looks like without the bend at the top. It has plenty of slack!!

Here are the grips I went with to top it off. I love them. They are WCC ebay knock offs. The only gripe with them is they don't have the hole that holds the brass cable things, so the cable ends kind of just sit in the housing. So get grips that have those to cut outs to hold the brass things. Not sure what they are called but you'll see!!

Quick Reply: Where to Buy...